Chapter Seven; Temper Tantrum

~Riley*~

While I had to get up extra early for my practice and leave before Abel woke up, I had to admit... Last night was a good night. Like a really good night.

It felt a little weird to admit it but... Cuddling with Abel wasn't all that bad. I actually really, really liked it.

Although I had fallen asleep with him in my arms, by the time I woke up again, Abel's arms were around me once again, as though he couldn't help himself as he snuggled me to his chest. That was exactly what I was nervous about but somehow, I really didn't hate it. Kind of the opposite, actually. I found it hard to get up and motivate myself to leave the bed. I just... wanted to stay.

I've never felt like that before. I've never felt so excited to be with someone. I've never had such a need, a yearning, just to be with someone for a single minute more.

And last night, when he called me his baby, I don't know... Something in me snapped. It was just so... so fucking cute. Him calling me his, so possessive, so primal, so damn sweet. My chest felt so tight and fuzzy and I just wanted to smile and hug him.

I found myself wanting to just be near Abel. Every time I see him, my heart beats faster in my chest. I can't take it! I don't know what to do and I can't keep my cool around him! I-I think that I'm starting to like Abel. But... If I'm being totally honest right now, I didn't see anything wrong with that. He made me feel happy. Why wouldn't I like him?

"Hello? Riley? Earth to Riley! Riley, what the hell?!" Carson's voice boomed, interrupting my train of thought. I quickly snapped out of it and blinked, looking over at him.

"What?"

"Were you even freaking listening to me?" He demanded, scowling. He grit his teeth, narrowing his eyes. I blinked once more and offered him a small smile.

"Do you want honesty?"

Carson rolled his eyes and groaned. He pinched the bridge of his nose. "What is the matter with you lately? You're always zoning out these days. You never answer your phone anymore, you can never hang out-,"

"Nothing is wrong with me," I insisted instantly, leaning on my hand and yawning. "I've just... been a little preoccupied. That's all."

"Preoccupied? What the hell? With what?" He pressed, glaring at me. "Have you even thought about where we could take the girls on our dates on Saturday-?"

I pursed my lips, unable to bring myself to really care about anything coming out of his mouth right now.

"Yeah, yeah, wherever you want to take them," I yawned, dragging a hand through my hair. Carson grit his teeth and opened his mouth, no doubt to snap back with something, but the door to the classroom swung open, revealing something that made my heart leap. A smile broke across my face as Abel, Kala, and a few of their friends strolled into the classroom. Unable to help myself, I straightened up. Abel noticed me instantly, tossing me a smirk a wink as he made his way to his seat. Carson peered up and scowled.

"Look at that, Riles, your best friend is here," He hissed in a teasing tone and although I knew he was just being bitter, I didn't let it get to me. In fact, I couldn't have cared less what Carson was being so sour at this time. Abel took his usual seat, along with his friends, and my heart nearly leapt out of my chest. I had the undeniable urge to be near him.

Without even thinking about it, I stood up. Carson quirked a brow at me and shifted in his seat. "Whoa-What are you-?"

"I'll be right back, okay? Save my seat," I answered, without even bothering to let him finish. I pushed back my hair and quickly smoothed my shirt down. I started to walk towards Abel and although I heard Carson yelling after me, I didn't stop. I wanted to see him.