Chapter Thirteen; Carson Is A Total Asshole

~Abel*~

Unable to really stop myself, I found myself smiling as I slammed my locker door shut. I just couldn't help it. Even though I had just gone through a day of school, I found that nothing could really kill my good mood today.

Ever since the game on Friday, after Riley came over, we'd been inseparable. We spent the whole weekend together! The whole weekend. We talked, went on rides, slept together, slept together, ate together, even showered together.

It was... sweet.

Seeing him leaving last night was like hell. Complete hell. I wanted him to stay longer and I couldn't deny that.

I've never actually had a boyfriend before but I imagine that this is what it would feel like.

With that, my heart skipped a beat. Boyfriend... Is that what we could call it?

I mean, yeah, this all started for the wrong reasons but is there any way that Kala could be right? Could Riley actually feel the same way about me? If you were to tell anyone about how we acted together, there's no doubt in my mind that they would say it sounded like we were dating.

Geez, just thinking about it makes my chest feel all tight and my stomach feel like it was going to flip. I dragged a hand through my hair. Dating... What would Riley say if I were to actually ask him on a date?

Would that be something that he would be into? Or am I reading too much into all of this?

I've been trying not to get my hopes up because I don't want Riley to end up with anyone less then what he deserves. I.E., me. There's no way that he could fall for someone like me. He deserves so much more than anything that I could ever give him. But what if there was a chance, no matter how slim, that we could become something more than whatever this is that we are now?

You know, he even drove me to school this morning. He swung by, picked me and Elias up, and even stopped to get me breakfast on the way. As he was driving, he reached over, like it was the most natural thing in the world, and just placed his hand on my thigh. I don't even think that he realized that he had done it. He just kept talking to Elias like nothing had happened. I sat there, completely dumbstruck, and prayed that he didn't notice me tense up and move his hand. Thankfully, he didn't.

We're even going to hang out tonight, after he gets finished tutoring some underclassmen. Until then, I've got to go wait for him in the library. He's literally so smart; he's tutoring kids. How fucking adorable is that?

Yep, I guess you could say that I was on cloud nine right about now. Walking on air.

"Are you sure you don't need a ride home?" Kala smirked, clearly amused. I jammed my hands into my pockets and shook my head.

"Nope," I beamed, popping the 'p'. I sighed, more dreamily than I cared to admit. "Riley said he'd take me."

"Oooooh," They cooed, snickering. They playfully elbowed me, waggling their brows. "I bet he will. Abel, you sly dog, you-,"

Before they could finish their statement, the empty halls were suddenly not-so-empty anymore as one of my least favorite jocks and four of his friends rounded the corner and started making noise. I curled my lip.

"Aye, Abel," Carson said, a sly smile playing on his lips. Kala looked him up and down in disgust, most likely offended for me that this asshole thought it was okay to talk to me. Carson and his group of airheads, whose names I didn't care enough to remember, came to a stop in front of us, blocking our way out of the hall and smiling as though something was funny. "I was thinking, how about you and me go have a little chat, yeah?"