Chapter Eleven; Cuddles

~Riley*~

I hopped out of the truck; once again, you guessed it, at Abel's house. My hair was still dripping wet from the hot shower I had taken after the game ended but I couldn't care less. I just wanted to get to Abel.

Much to my distaste, Abel had disappeared by the time the game was over, so, after about fifteen minutes of me looking around for him, I had to shower in a hurry and jump in the truck just to get over here.

I was just happy that he came. Geez. I can't even explain the level of excitement that I reached when I looked up and saw that damn leather jacket of his. Did he come on his own? Did Kala make him come? If so, I've got to remember to thank them later.

I played like a God tonight, if I do say so myself. I think having Abel there made me better. I wanted him to like it, for him to see me doing well, and it pushed me to play like I never had before.

God. I can't believe it. Abel came to the game. He never comes to the games. He came to see me. Maybe he does like me. Maybe just a little bit. But that's still more than nothing.

I made my way up the sidewalk and onto the porch, hesitating. I can see the light from the TV through the window. Someone is awake in there. Even though Abel told me to come see him after the game, he didn't text me after words or even stick around to let me know if he was serious. What if he wasn't? What if it was just like an in the moment kind of thing-

I didn't have time to ponder anymore as the door swung open in a fashion that I somewhat expected at this point, revealing none other than Elias, bare-chested, in Transformer pajama pants. He looked up at me curiously, narrowing those big eyes of his.

"What are you doing here? It's the middle of the night!"

I smirked. "It's only ten. I'm looking for Abel. Is he here?"

"He's in his room," Elias said, reaching up and ruffling his curly locks. He stepped aside and allowed me to pass by him, shutting the door behind me, locking it promptly. "Abel said you played football today."

"Yeah, I did. And we won," I said proudly, causing his eyes to widen. I glanced back over my shoulder at Abel's room. "You know, I think we won because Abel came. I think he's lucky."

"Abel?" Elias said, wrinkling his nose. "He's not lucky. He stinks."

I snickered and peered around the house. I furrowed my brows. "Is your mom not home?"

"No," he stated simply, walking past me to sit cross legged on the couch. "Mommy has the night shift at the hospital today. Abel is watching me."

"Abel lets you stay up this late?"

"It's Friday! I don't have school tomorrow," He beamed for a moment before his smile fell and he looked at me, his little face suddenly serious. "And he doesn't know. He's asleep. Don't tell him."

I reached up, pressing a finger to my lips and nodded, giving him a wink, before turning on my heels and making my way down the hall to Abel's room. I sucked in a breath before pushing open the door and blinked a few times, letting my eyes adjust to the moon peering in through the window as the only light source in the room. Sure enough, there was Abel, lying on the bed, underneath a mound of blankets. The only reason I could tell he was under the blankets was by the soft snoring coming from it. I couldn't help but smile as I closed the door behind me and slipped off my jacket and my shoes.

I walked towards the bed and gently sat down, reaching over and shaking what I hoped was Abel's shoulder.

"Abel," I muttered, giving him a squeeze. "Wake up."