Chapter Ten; I Hate Football

~Abel*~

"No. You can't make me," Kala huffed, crossing their small arms. "I'm not going in. I told you I'd drive you; I said nothing about going in with you."

"Oh, come on, Kal, don't be such a baby-,"

"Nope. No dice. I'm not doing it," They snapped, shaking their head. I rolled my eyes and sucked in a breath.

"Please? Just do this one thing for me!" I all but begged, clasping my hands together. They scowled up at me and reached forward to attempt to slam the car door shut again. I quickly grabbed it and forced it back, furrowing my brows at them. "Kala, when have I ever asked you for anything? What do I have to do to get you out of the damn car-?"

"Nothing. You don't have to do anything because I'm not getting out of this car," They said snippily, turning up their nose. "I don't even like being at school in the daytime when I have to be, so, what makes you think that I want to spend my night here?"

"And you think I want to be here?" I hissed, lowering myself to their level, still holding open the door in case they tried again. They glared. I took a deep breath and pinched the bridge of my nose. "Please. For me. Please do this for me. I don't think I can stand being in there, surrounded by that many idiots, for an hour by myself. Please come with me."

They hesitated but finally looked at me, eyes searching my face. They curled their lip. "Fuck you. No deal."

I swear I could have choked them right then and there. But I didn't. That would get me nowhere right now. We'll call that plan B. They're going into that stupid ass football game with me one way or another. If talking doesn't work, I'll drag their ass in.

"Think about it, Kal," I began, straining a smile. They narrowed their eyes at me. "Cheerleaders. Bouncy, bouncy cheerleaders. All ready to be stared at and eye fucked all night in those tight, skimpy little uniforms-,"

"I thought you were trying to talk me into going inside, not to run over your foot."

"What? Cheerleaders not your type?" I questioned, smirking. They snorted, shaking their head again. I waggled my brows slightly. "What about Marlowe? I bet you she's in there. She's a cheerleader, isn't she?"

Kala quirked a brow at me, rolling their eyes. "Is that supposed to bait me into going inside? Why would I care what Marlowe Sanders does?"

"Oh, don't try that with me. I saw the way you stared at her the other day. She was staring at you too, you know."

They snorted, drumming their nails on the dash, not phased at all. Finally, gritting my teeth, I sighed and kneeled down so that I was on the pavement, looking up at their in the car. They cut their eyes at me, quirking a brow. I raked a hand through my hair. "Look, Riley is in there, okay? He's playing tonight-,"

"No shit," They said sarcastically and I grit my teeth. They looked down at me and I could tell I'd finally gotten their attention.

"He's playing tonight," I continued as though they hadn't spoken and looked down, trying to hide the blush that I felt raising on my cheeks. "And... And he asked me if I would come. I-I wasn't going to but you should have seen his face, Kal. H-He got all upset and I just need to go in, okay? This is important to him. And I can't go in by myself."

After a few moments of silence, Kala finally sucked in a breath and mumbled every curse word in the English dictionary before shoving me out of their way and slamming their combat boots on the pavement. They all but threw the door shut before locking the car and turned to scowl at me. "You're paying for my damn ticket into this God forsaken hellhole, do you understand me?"