This is How it all went down hill-4

Nashi:

     Arriving at the train station Minerva is already waiting for me. Taking Alana by the hand I guide her onto the train as I board the train. Sitting in a booth with Minerva she just stares at me as Alana is already asleep on my lap.

   "Can I help you?"I ask. My voice low to make sure I don't wake Alana. She's too young to understand what's going on between me and her father. Storm isn't a bad father, he just has his flaws, flaws that I don't agree with.

    "Why are you going to the council, "Minerva responses and I smile while nodding. She's very silent but still wants to know whats going on. Mysterious. Scary even, but I know better than to fear people like her.

    "I'm joining the Army, "I said plainly. She looked shocked. It's not too common wizards leave guilds to join the military. Happens almost never. That's why when they offered me four months ago I originally decided but I'm going to see if I can still join.

    "What," she said clearly stunned. She's my mother's age. I've heard of the name Minerva from my mother but I was fairly young.

     "Yes, is that a problem? "I question looking at her skeptically waiting to see how she responds.

    "How? you have a kid to take care of?"Minerva says proving to be a good point. Alana, it's hard growing up in that profession.

     "So? she will learn to fight, "I said she slapped me across the face. I close my eyes and remain still for a moment, I open my eyes when I look at her. What the hell was that for.

    "Do you really want your child to grow up in the military? "Minerva said getting defensive, oh? Did I hit a nerve with her?

    "No, but sometimes what choice do you have," I said gritting my teeth. How dare she question my parenting skills.

      "Everything! What is wrong with the guilds?" she shoots back at me and I scoff.

    "Her father is whats wrong with the guilds" shoot back silencing her. It's clear she doesn't have kids. You make choices that might not be the best for your kids but it has to be done.

     "Do you get it now? I don't want her to grow up in the military, that's just what's going to happen, it's way better than being with a cheating father" I say through my teeth and she just stares at me.

      "I didn't know I'm so sorry I was being insensitive, "Minerva said trying to make things better.

      "Doesn't matter"I growled as I place a hand on Alana's head and stroke her hair. After looking out the window for what feels like an eternity. Minerva speaks up.

      "We get off soon, "Minerva said. I give Alana's shoulders a little shake and she looks up at me. The train slowly stopped, picking up Alana I walk off the train heading for the huge white building that is dead centre of the town.

     "If you ever want to quit the military come to sabertooth we'll welcome you okay," she said I nodded before I went to the magic council. I walked through the doors all eyes on me.

      I kept walking until I saw the generals quarters I open the door he was doing paperwork. Placing Alana on a little chair in front of his desk. She's asleep again.

    "I came to your request" I spoke with a smirk as I leaned on the chair that Alana was on. he looked up then smiled and stood. He held his hand out.

    "It's nice to finally meet you Ms.Dragneel my name is General Ryan Blackwood, "he said holding his hand out I shook it and we sat down. Sitting in the chair beside Alana. Crossing my leg over I look at him.