This is How it all went Down Hill-12

Storm:
    "Put more effort into it kid" I command as he shoots fire strings at me. Now common magic but when I was growing up, it wasn't so common. He tries again but fails.
    "Okay, let's call it a day," I tell the boy who's been trying to use his magic in a non-destructive way for the past four days.
    Whipping the sweat off my forehead I exit the gym and Stella is working away.
    "I'm heading home for the day"
    "Kid still didn't get it?" Stella asks as she looks up from the papers that Mark should be doing but really he doesn't have the time or patience to do it. I shake my head and she smiles.
    "He'll get it soon," Stella says and I smile signing out and I walk out of the gym and I head home. Walking home I pick up something for supper. Deciding on mac and cheese.
    Alana is at a friend's house for the next hour and Tyler has tutoring until six. It's only four. Normally I stay at the gym until five but I'm too tired today.
    As I'm approaching the house I see someone sitting on the porch. As I get closer my heart begins to pound as I see the camo and salmon hair. She looks up at me and smiles. She embraces me as I drop my things.
    "Hey" she whispers but doesn't let go and I'm glad.
    "Hey" I whisper back. Two years. She had been deployed for two years and I've been waiting for this day for so long.
    Pulling away she whips her tears from her eyes.
    "You look so much better now, much better than when I last saw you," Nashi says taking in my appearance. I pick up the things I dropped. Unlocking the door I am quick to put everything down again and put it away.
    "Uh thanks," I say and she laughs putting her duffle bag on the couch.
    "I'm surprised you moved to the capital, what made you move?"
    "The kids, they wanted to move back here," I tell her leaving out the part that is was also for her.
    "Thats nice" she says and hugs me again. She presses her lips to mine and before it can go anywhere something falls behind me. The bag had fallen off the counter. "You making supper?"
    "Uh yeah," I say and scratch the back of my head.
    "Do you mind if I stay here for a while?" Nashi asks with her hands behind her back and I look at her as I am picking the things off the floor.
    "Of course you can stay but don't you live in the Military?"
    "My time with the Military has ended, I was only commissioned for ten years. The only place to go from here is down" Nashi says and moves her hands in front of her.
    Picking at her nails. Standing up with the bag I smile at her.
    "Yeah, I have a spare room," I tell her and she gives me a weak smile like that wasn't the response she wanted.
    She takes her bag and follows me and it's the first room upstairs. Alana, Tyler and the guest room are upstairs and my room is on the main floor.
    "You have anywhere else for me to sleep?" Nashi asks and I look at her. Does she not like the guest room.
    "There is the couch I guess but it's not comfy..." I start but she puts her hand up to stop me.
    "This is good," she says with a smile.
    I hear the door open and laughter fills the house. Alana is home and I guess Tyler is too. Tutoring must have ended early. We go downstairs and Alana screams and pushes me out of the way and hugs Nashi. Tyler joins in.
    I begin to cook dinner when Nashi comes in as Alana and Tyler go to change.
    "Have you been seeing anyone?" Nashi asks leaning on the counter and I shake my head.
    "Hmm," Nashi says and takes the glass of water off the counter which I don't know when it got there.
    As I serve dinner Nashi sits next to Alana. Talking to her kids catching up with them but I keep catching her looking at me.
    What's up with that? Alana smiles at me and shakes her head. As I am finishing my dinner Alana helps clean up and Tyler and Nashi continue talking.
    "Your clueless Dad," Alana lowly sings and I look at her confused. What?
    "What's that supposed to mean?" I ask her as I rinse off the plate and clean them. She puts dinner away. She just smiles and laughs. Walking out once she's done.
    After cleaning up the kitchen I head to the living room to find no one there. They must have gone to bed. It is late.
    Walking to my room I change and go into the bathroom. Brushing my teeth I then get into my bed. What could they have possibly had meant? I'm not clueless?