- Chapter 1: The new task -

Narrator's POV:

"Oh, Hoseok! Good, that I meet you, please come into Mr. Choi's office in 30 minutes!" A middle aged woman rushed pass the young man, stomping along the hallway with her heels.

Hoseok stood there dumbfounded. Did he do something wrong ? He couldn't think of anything. He was always doing his tasks, with no mistakes and always got a lot of compliments from the patients and the co-workers of the nursing house. The people here loved him. He was always so cherish and friendly, an true angel thoroughly. So why did the boss wants to talk to him?

Hoseok shook his head and continued his work.

After exactly 30 minutes he knocked on the door of his boss. Mr. Choi.

A quite 'Come in' came from the other side of the door. He took a deep breath and opened the door.

"Ah, Hoseok, Good to see you! Please sit down. Just give me one second." He was talking with someone on the phone. The young man bowed and sat down.

Mr. Choi was an old man already in his 60's. He never dissapointed someone. Everyone could go to him with any kind of problem and he would solve it with you right away. He cared after his workers and he was happy about the trust, his worker had in him.

"Yes, of course, we will take care of her, no problem. Thank you for giving her into our hands. I promise we won't dissapoint you, Dong Seok." He ended his call and turned around to him.

"Well, there is something I want to talk to you Hoseok. Something important. You might already heard it from my call. We'll get a new patient. Do you know the Y/L/N Company by any chance?"

Nodding his head, he answered Mr. Choi's question. "The Y/L/N Company is well known for their good medical products as far as I know."

"Yes you're right, but that's not everything they do. Anyways Mr. Y/L/N and I...", the old man stood up from his seat and walked to the windows, which occupied the whole wall, so you had a wonderful view over Seoul, "... have been friends for a long time now. But unfortunately, they have some problems right now and affects their health. Especially for Mrs. Y/L/N. Her state is getting more worse day by day. She gets weaker everyday, so the both decided to bringing her here. And I want you to take care of her."

He turned back and faced Hoseok. "Will you do it for me?", he asked him. Without hesitation Hoseok answered with a yes.

"Of course, Mr. Choi, I really appreciate it, but why me? I'm just a young inexperienced man. There are some better workers for that job."

"Hoseok, you aren't inexperienced. You know how to deal with every personality. The patients always talking good things about you. Don't worry I know, you will do a great job. You always cheer them up. You give them hope. And I want you to take care after her until she will leave and go to a better place than this world."

"You mean I should accompany until her death?". Hoseok was shocked about the news. He should take care after a an old and powerful woman until she would leave... In fact, it would be his first time taking over such a task. Before this day he had only been helping the other workers out. Preparing food, going out in the garden with the patients, playing games, singing, dancing everything, just to make their stay comfortable.

"Yes, until her death...Mr. Y/L/N told me her condition is really bad and she doesn't have so much time left. Unfortunately. As sad as it sounds. But I wanted to give this task to someone trustworthy and by the way, I know that they have a grandchild around your age. A girl as I remebered. So I think you'll get along with Mrs. Y/L/N. Don't worry, you can do that! Can I count on you ?"