- Chapter 17 : From fun to serious real quick -

Narrator's POV:

The young man felt down the whole time. He was asking himself, if it was a good choice to tell these information to Mrs. Y/L/N.

He wasn't sure if the person he was friends with now, was Y/N for 100%. They had the same first name, same character but different appearance. Even though Mrs. Y/L/N had proofed it.
But on the other hand, you can change your appearance as often you want, but deep down in you soul, will be the same as always.

Today he had to work with other patients. Probably the doctor changed his shift with another worker. Maybe he thought it was Hoseok's fault, that Mrs. Y/L/N had a heart attack and now she should rest.

Hoseok felt so bad the whole time and had the desire to check on Mrs. Y/L/N, but he couldn't because his work was stopping him. Means his break was the only opportunity.

However he was currently preparing the meal for one of the oldest patients here.
Mr. Wan
He was late in his 90's. You can clearly see how many things he went through.

One time he told Hoseok how he went over to America and fight in the Second World War as a young man years ago.
Death, torture, suffering.
Pictures he would never forget.
It shaped his life...
The young Mr. Wan was traumatized and even lost his own leg, but still he kept living and got really old. He was content now, but his body couldn't keep up with all he went through..so his life was slowly getting to an end.

Mr. Wan amazed Hoseok and made him thinking...those people were the last witness of the past... but what would happen if they die too? Would everyone starting to forget what happened? In 100 or 500 years, would they even believe that there was something like wars?

'Ring' His phone buzzed and he stopped working. "Why the heck did I thought about that stuff so suddenly?" He spoke to himself after he realized it. He was never interested in history back in school, but somehow it aroused his interests.

ANGELIC ~Y/N~: Hey Hobi, I just wanted to ask you when you want to come over?

J-Hoope: Heyo, good question 🤔my shift last until 4 pm, I need 2 1/2h to get to Busan. So around 7pm? 😇

ANGELIC ~Y/N~: great!😄 here is my address: xxx-xxx ! see you then👋🏻
ANGELIC ~Y/N~: oh and be hungry, you won't miss my cooking skills, right? 😝

J-Hoope: Oho~ now I have high hopes😋well see you then🤓

...later...

Hoseok's POV:

"Because of some cancellations, the train 123 from station 28a to Busan will depart around 1 hour earlier. Repeat: The train 123 to Busan will leave around 1 hour earlier."

The announcement at the train station made my heart beat faster. Slowly I was getting nervous. I'm going to meet her sooner.
Alone this time.
To tell her about Mrs. Y/N/L.
Will she believe me ? She was living for more than 2 years already in this witness protection program, lying to everyone. Especially to her beloved ones. It must be hard for her all the years. So probably she will deny everything I say...
I couldn't imagine how much she went through. How can someone be so strong?

The whole drive I was thinking how I would feel in her situation, how lonely I would feel, how betrayed...Because in the end you were lying to yourself too, pretending to be another person...Maybe a person you don't want to be. What would I do in her situation?
You couldn't be yourself anymore
You had to put on a mask.