- Chapter 36: Spending Time Together -

Your POV:

Some days later ....

"Y/N."
"M-mom?" My head shoot up from reading a book. "What are you doing here?"

My mom was leaning against the door frame at my patients room with a huge sport bag on her shoulder.
She looked much healthier now and that made me happy.

With her baggy jeans overall, a black & white striped sweater and smiling at me: "how are you feeling ?" she started walking up to me, put her bag on the floor and sat down at the side of my bed.
"I'm okay. I will get released this evening. Which day do we even have? I lost track of the time here." I chuckled.

"It's Friday. I got released some an hour ago. It has been 9 days now. I can't stand these hard and uncomfortable beds anymore. And the food, god."
Her response made me laugh. My mom was completely different now than when I first met her in the warehouse.
Suddenly the atmosphere got quite and she grabbed my hand rubbing her thump on the back of my hand.

"Y/N, I will go back to Daegu today", she made a small pause while speaking, "I-...I would like to stay in contact with you and to get to know you again..."

"Mo-"
"You don't have to answer now" she rummaged in bag and put out a small notepad with a pencil. "Here, take this please." She ripped the paper of and gave it to me. It was her phone number.

"I know I can't make up all the things Tae Won and I did to you. I'm so sorry for being such a bad mom. I don't know if I'm even allowed to call me that in front of you....I can't make up for all the time we have lost. For not being there for you....but...maybe.."

"It's okay. I really would like to be in contact with you again. We can't change the past, we can't make up for the time we lost. To be honest. When I see you, the memories from my childhood are coming back and for everything I had suffer. However... I want to get rid off these feelings. I want to face my my past, my problems to accept them and move over. In my head I have been stuck in the past. I just would like to enjoy my life again. With my family. And you are still a part of it. Grandpa and you are the only one I have left. We may not change the past but we can change the future." I took the small piece of paper and stuck it between the pages of my book.

Mom's view went down to the book. "Is that-?"
"Your favorite book?" I smiled at her. "Yes. I don't remember a lot about you or Tae Won. But I remember that this was your favorite book. You read it literally every night.... and I recently found some interest in it too." I stroke my hand over the cover. It was an old dark blue book made of leather with many golden details like a big rose in the middle. It was my favorite combination of colors and my favorite flower.

"I only bought because you loved the colors. I remember going to the book store with you and didn't want to leave that spot staring at that book. I even threatened you with some candies and whatever I could find to get your attention back. Nothing worked out and I ended up buying it and it was pretty good." She took it from me and rubbed her thumps over the rose....
A small tear fell down on the book.
And suddenly she brushed her tears away hectically and stood up ready for leaving.

"Here. I really have to go now to catch the train. Text me or call me whenever you want. I'm waiting. See soon Y/N and..." she stood at the door, "take care of you, okay ?"

I nodded and she left. That was really strange...

I grabbed my phone and typed her number in it. 'Mom♥️' appeared on my screen.
From the corner of my eyes I saw my packed bag.