CHAPTER FOURTEEN: VENT

— NBA YOUNGBOY

"What's wrong wit' chu'? You all quiet all of a sudden?" I asked Lyric. She shrugged her shoulders playing with her fingers. "I don't know.. It's my parents." She muttered, looking down.

"What about them?" I inquired. "Their marriage is falling part. My dad is cheating on my mom. They been together since they were 15-16 years old. That's when they had me. They don't think I know but I do. Look at them. They're young as fuck." Lyric said, bluntly.

"You sound funny cussing." I chuckled. She smacked her lips, looking at me, rolling her eyes. "You sound funny cussing. Shut up. Don't talk about me." Lyric mocked me.

"I'm just saying." I shrugged my shoulders. "I like your tattoos." She complimented me. "Thank you." After I said, I felt her still staring at me.

"Why are you staring at me?" I looked back at her. "Because, you amaze me. I wonder a lot about you." She said. I turned the TV off, and brought my attention to her. "What chu' mean wonder a lot?"

"I do. You don't tell me much about you." Lyric said. "You should know about me, you can easily google me." She smacked her lips. "You think I wanna' google you? Google be lying, that's why I'm asking you."

"You ain't never heard of me have you?" She shook her head no. "I can't listen to rap music. Have social medias, and stuff." Lyric said.

"So tell me. I'm listening." She sat up, looking at me. "Ion wanna' tell you too much. You might think different of me, if I tell you."

"I'll never do that to you nor think different. I can't be the judge of you, only god can." Lyric said. "Ight.. What you wanna' know?" I asked her.

"Um everything to now." She said. She gonna' find out anyway whether I tell her or not. I rather her hear it from me than a bunch of blogs and websites.

I eventually told her anyway. She didn't look at me different at all afterwards. "We both live in two different worlds that nobody could understand but ourselves. People think it's that easy to do what you want, when it's not." Lyric said.

"We somewhat alike though. Our childhood and lifestyle is the difference."

"I rather have your childhood, instead of mine. I know I sound so ungrateful, but it's just how deep it is. My parents always wanted me to be this perfect girl, and I try so hard being that." Lyric expressed herself.

"You can't always be perfect Lyric. Nobody is perfect. And that's why you can learn from your mistakes. Shit I make mistakes all the time, but least I learn from them and don't let it stop me from being who I am."

"Damn I gotta' start venting to you more." Lyric said, laughingly. "I can't vent to Kylie and Kendra all the time." She said.

"How you end up being friends with Kendra, Serena, and all them anyway?" I inquired.

"I known Kendra since the 1st grade. When I moved, I had to go to another school. This was during middle school, when I met Serena, Jasmine, and Alexis. In high school, Kendra caught with us. And we all were so close back then, than we are now. I'm still close with Kendra but not the others." Lyric explained to me.

"Why you not close with the others?" I asked. "Because they're not the same anymore. Literally only time I be around them, is when you guys come back in town." She said.

"You gone miss me when I'm gone?"

"Yes. I really wish I could go with you." She laid her head on my chest, playing with my chain. "You can.. One day."

"One day, for sure?" She asked. "Yeah." I answered her. "Is this what chu' wanna' do all day before I go back ta' the studio?"

"It don't matter, I just wanted to vent to you about my problems. And we could've went there, I don't wanna' stop you from working." Lyric said.