CHAPTER FORTY-ONE: THE SET UP

— KYLIE HENDERSON

"Let me guess you feeling better now that you finally want to talk to me?" Lyric asked on the phone. "Lyric hush and let me talk!" I exclaimed.

"Jasmine was talking shit again! She had her friend pulled up behind us as we were walking. And she was talking about "As soon as Lyric turn up I'm next. And when she come back down to Atlanta it's up."

Lyric just started laughing out of nowhere. "That bitch.. So fucking delusional. We'll see when I get to Atlanta. Bet you I'll be untouched with Kentrell on the side of my arm. And turns?? What's a turn? Kentrell isn't going nowhere nor I'm going anywhere. She better get that shit out of her fucking head. I don't even see how she can be so obsessed when Kentrell never really engaged a conversation with her." Lyric said on the phone.

"I'm mad you didn't beat her ass yet. Like you're just letting this bitch walk around freely."

"I already did but she's asking for it again." She said. It was shuffles in her background. "I say you gone head and hand it to her again. She not letting up." I shook my head.

"She's not letting up because she needs some help."

"Did you tell her that Jasmine's friend was recording?" Marcia implied. "Oh yeah one of her friends was recording. Ion trust Jasmine. She can be grimy and report shit back to your parents or somebody to let them know where you're at. Speaking of that have she ever been to YB house?"

"No she hasn't. If she did she would've been sent the police to Kentrell's house which that's not gonna' happen. We're leaving soon anyways. He has to do a few shows."

"Please tell me one is in Atlanta?" I groaned, and rubbed my temples. "No. Sorry Kylie." Lyric said lowly on the phone.

"It's alright. I'm just not used to you being gone so long. I don't even see you anymore. Better yet I stopped going to practice just because of you not being there."

"Yeah that shit gotten boring so I stopped too. They only see me there on Sundays." Marcia added. "Me too."

"But Kylie I gotta' go. I'm on the road right now." Lyric said. "On the road? You driving?" I asked her. "Yes mam. I don't have to tag along with Kentrell anymore." Lyric sneered.

"I know you happy. Drive safely though. I can't wait to ride in your new car." I said with a small laugh. "And I can't wait to pick you up. I'll talk to you later. Bye." She said before we hung up.

"I see she had a great birthday. Gotten a new car too." I muttered. "Are you upset about that?" Marcia asked with her eyebrows furrowed.

"Hell no. I'm just sad I wasn't there with her for her birthday. All of her so called friends was there but why I wasn't? Her first ever birthday being free, and I wasn't a part of that."

"Hey.. Don't take it out on Lyric when those around her probably planned her party." Marcia said. "But they knew I would've came for her birthday. I'm a realer friend than any of them well except Kendra. The others fucking switched up on Lyric. But where are they in her face now. That shit is crazy." I huffed then blow. It's fucked up.

"Damn you said they switched on Lyric? How?" Marcia asked. "They was all hanging around YB's ex, and some of them was acting mad funny with Lyric. Jasmine and her side kick Alexis. I don't like none of those bitches except Kendra really."

"Oh wow." Marcia shook her head. "That's fucked up for real. How Lyric feel about the situation?" She asked. "How Lyric feel? They still in her face. Lyric just forgives and forget." I rolled my eyes.

My phone started ringing, I pulled it out of my pocket. It was Ken. I answered it, "Fuck you doing why you ain't answering my calls?" Ken asked.

"Who is that cuz'? And not the way how he cussing at you." Marcia got in the camera. "He got me fucked up like I won't beat his ass. I don't care that he 7 hours away neither." I bucked in the camera.