CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE: ANOTHER DATE GONE WRONG

— LYRIC BRYANT

"Lyric, he outside waiting on you." Serena looked out the window. I groaned, and put my shoes on. "I'm going just for yall. I'm not going for him." I rolled my eyes, as I put my hoodie on. "No you going cause you want your boo back." Serena snickered. "Shit you better go, he might give you head again." Alexis said, making everyone else laugh.

I stuck my middle finger up at them, as I walked out the room. I got on the elevator, and pressed the button for the lobby. My phone started ringing, I already knew it was Kentrell. I declined his call, the elevator opened, I walked out with my hands in my pocket.

He was at the front, on his phone. He looked up from his phone, and smiled at me. I rolled my eyes, just because like I don't know why he smiling. "You look nice." Kentrell complimented me. "How? I have on nobody's make up, I look regular." I straight faced him. "You still do." I rolled my eyes at him, as he opened the door for me.

He slapped my ass as I got in the car. "Don't push it Kentrell." I said sternly. He laughed, and closed the door. He think it's a game, when I'm dead serious. He got in the car, and pulled off. I got on my phone, while he was driving.

"I missed you." I rolled my eyes. I bet you did. "Mhm." I muttered sarcastically. "For real, I do Lyric. You ignoring me, I can't even explain it to you."

"Explain what? You cheated on me, and why you wanna' take me out?" I asked him straight up.

"Cause I wanna' start over. I ain't mean for that shit to happen Lyric. I wasn't thinking, and I wanna' make it up to you." He admitted to me. I looked at him, trying to see if he was even sincere. He was but I'm not going back to him that fast or that easy.

"We'll see."

"She still hasn't call or left a message. Her birthday is next week. And I know Malcolm still seeing that bitch.. And he's not worried about our daughter." Michelle paced back in forth in her kitchen, on the phone with Malcolm's devious mother, Joy.

Michelle still worried about Lyric not calling, and it's been approximately 4 days, about to be 5 days, tomorrow, since Lyric left her parents home. Michelle has been keeping faith, and praying that Lyric is safe. She hoped not to call the police, but that's what she's gonna' be doing after she get off the phone with her mother-in-law. She felt like she was going to take matters for herself.

"I swear I have to do everything in this family. You should have never cut her phone off, nor let her leave the house. Now everyone is questioning me about this family. Gossiping about my granddaughter, calling her a floosy, and a tramp. I swear when I get my hands on Lyric, she'll never see daylight again." Joy rambled on the phone. Everyone at the church has been gossiping, including Ms. Jones. It felt like their world was crumbling all because of Lyric.

Someone was knocking on the door, interrupting Joy's and Michelle's conversation. "Hold on a sec, that could be Gisselle." Michelle sat her house down on the counter. She went to her front door, she checked and looked in peep hole.

She furrowed her eyebrows, because she seen a girl, and she looked about Lyric's age. She opened the door slightly, peeking her head out. "Can I help you?" Michelle asked her.

"Are you Lyric's mom?" The girl inquired. "Yes why? And do you know Lyric?" Michelle asked, curiously. "Yes. I know her very well. And Ive heard about how she mysteriously went missing, and I thought that you should know that she's in Baton Rouge." The girl said. Michelle furrowed her eyebrows, thinking whether to believe her or not. "Why would my daughter be all the way in Louisiana? Do you have any proof?" Michelle asked the girl. Michelle doesn't know whether to believe her or not.