Possessed Part 4

Y/N rested on her side, eyes closed and pillow clutched tightly to her chest. She was trying — and failing — to fall asleep and forget the many worries currently plaguing her waking existence. The rest of the team had finally returned and, although Allura had stopped by to check up on her, Y/N could sense her fatigue and didn't want to bother her with the details of the last few vargas. Y/N flipped over so that she was on her other side now, body facing the door. She gazed at the door longingly. She wanted to go see Keith. To apologize for...well, she didn't know what exactly, but she felt like she should apologize. That, and she just wanted to see him. She debated for a few moments whether or not to follow through on her desire. Y/N was worried about him but, at the same time, maybe trying to talk to him would only make things worse. Maybe they didn't need to talk about it all...things might just settle down on their own. She considered this for a little while longer before finally throwing the sheets off her, and getting up from the bed. Screw this, she thought angrily. Why was he mad at her, anyway? Would he have preferred that she lie to him? Her fists clenched, and jaw set, she marched to his room. He was going to listen to her, damn it.

Y/N knocked urgently at the door, but softly enough to keep from waking everyone.

"Keith," she whispered. "We need to talk."

No response.

"Keith, now," she repeated. Silence. Weird, Keith is usually such a light sleeper.

Y/N waited a few moments longer, knocking a few more times, but to no avail. Not caring anymore, she let herself into his room and found that his bed was empty. She quickly assessed her surroundings. His bayard was gone, too. Shit.

Y/N ran to the hangar, hoping desperately that the Red Lion would still be there. Upon arriving, she let out a long sigh. There stood the Red Lion solemnly. But where is —

An instant later, the Red Lion hummed with energy, its eyes glowing and its giant mouth opening to allow access. A hooded figure was preparing to enter. Keith.

"Keith!" Y/N called, sprinting to catch up to him. "Keith, listen, I know that you're mad..." Y/N stopped herself. She had been prepared to tell him off. But, among other emotions, she also felt shame. Keith wouldn't have fallen under Haggar's control if she had warned him sooner. If she had protected him the way that he protected her.

Y/N sighed. "Keith, I'm sorry. You always have my back. And I should've had yours back there. I'm still learning but I hope..." Y/N trailed off. Keith had turned to face her now. His eyes were unblinking. His pupils were gone and his irises shone a sickening purple.

Y/N took a step back. Not again