Lose It Part VII

"Brother?" Keith spoke in a strained voice, as though it was taking every bit of strength he had to respond freely.

"Half-brother, technically. But, the only family I have left, my little Lolo," she continued, brandishing razor sharp canine teeth.

"What do you want from us?" Keith spat, eyes darting from Vulka to Y/N, who lay unmoving by the throne. Keith was still paralyzed in place, unable to regain control of his limbs and sprint to her, despite how much he wanted to. Whatever it was Vulka had done, it had bound him to her every command. And right now, she was commanding him to stay.

"From you? Nothing," Vulka responded, examining her perfectly manicured nails in disinterest. 

"Although you would make a handsome addition to my collection of..." she trailed off seductively.

"Then let us go," he insisted, "Lotor is a reasonable—"

"I don't give a shit about Lotor," she growled, her face contorting momentarily in disgust. "But I do have a client who is willing to pay plenty for her pretty head," Vulka smiled again, gesturing to Y/N's sprawled form on the floor.

"And you see, beautiful, building my shiny new toys has proved more costly than I previously anticipated," she whispered, cupping Keith's cheeks.

"I'm so glad you came to visit me. I was going to come get her myself, but you two have saved me quite a bit of trouble," she grinned, cocking her head to one side. "So, as thanks for your cooperation, I have decided to spare your life. It pains me to set a specimen like yourself free, but I am nothing if not — what was the word you used?" Vulka placed a finger to her lips, and feigned deep thought for a few ticks.

"Reasonable," she clapped her hands, and laughed a light airy chuckle.

"Of course, your freedom does come with some conditions. You will remove yourself peacefully from the premises. Attack me or my subjects, or return to retrieve your girlfriend, and I will not hesitate to give you a scar to match the one on your face. Although this time, I assure you it will be in a less comfortable location," Vulka explained, as her fingers trailed down Keith's chest.

Keith knew his response before Vulka had even finished. He was not leaving without Y/N. He didn't care how many of these bastards he was going to have to go through to get them both out of here. Keith was not afraid of Vulka's threats. Still, he needed a plan. He could not get them out of this mess through sheer stubbornness. He needed to think, think, think. But he had no time to think. Keith hated to admit it, but he and Y/N needed help.

And, sure enough, as if having heard this inner plea for aid, the ground beneath them shook with sudden vigor, and an intense blue beam tore a whole through the ceiling, bringing into view the Red Lion.

Keith could not help it. He grinned.

The momentary confusion was enough for him to break free of Vulka's hold. He didn't waste a moment, and he darted to Y/N, dodging any obstacles in his way, not stopping to engage, focused only on getting to her, making sure that she was okay.

But Keith was not fast enough. Vulka appeared, as if out of thin air, blocking Y/N from view. She gave a little wave, and winked at Keith, before turning and — she was gone. They were both gone.