Possessed Part 5

Y/N quickly scrambled back in horror. No, no, no, no. Keith scowled at her for a moment. Y/N prepared herself for a fight. But Keith — or, rather, mind-controlled Keith — did not seem interested in her. He simply frowned again before turning around and continuing toward the Red Lion as if she had only been a temporary annoyance.

Realizing that she wasn't his real target, Y/N ignored her rapidly thudding heart and started after him again.

"Keith! Hey, stop! Where are you going?" she called to him. He continued to dismiss her. He was almost to the Red Lion now, but he didn't seem in a hurry to get away from her. Probably, he didn't see her as a threat.

Y/N caught up to him, and pulled on his hoodie. "Keith." Nothing. It was as though he had forgotten his own name. Y/N stopped in her tracks, anger filling her with spontaneous bravado.

"Haggar," she snarled. That got Keith's attention. He turned to face her now. She stayed where she was, hesitating, waiting to see what would happen. And then, he smiled at her. But not the adorable, begrudging smile or rare grin that she could sometimes wrestle out of him. But a smile that sent shivers down her spine. This was not Keith.

"What do you want with him?" Y/N choked. She thought for a moment that he wasn't going to respond to her. So, she was astounded to hear him say:

"The same thing you do, my child." It was Keith's voice. But overlaid on it was a hoarse female one. A witch's voice.

"And, what's that?" Y/N dared to ask.

"To possess him," came Keith/Haggar's reply.

That took her by surprise. Haggar wanted to possess Keith? Well, it was better than wanting to kill him. Still, what did that mean? How was she controlling him so remotely? Dozens of questions whirled through Y/N's head, and she was momentarily distracted. Enough time for the hilt of Keith's sword to come crashing down on her head, knocking her out cold.

When she woke up again, Keith was gone. The Red Lion was gone. Crap, crap, craaaaaap. How long had she been out? She scrambled for her own Lion. Y/N had no gear on, but she didn't stop to think about that as she soared out of the hangar. She looked around frantically. There was the Red Lion, flying toward a Galra ship that had just as suddenly appeared. Y/N tried to catch up to it, but she was not fast enough. Immediately upon reaching its destination, the Red Lion and the ship both vanished into the darkness.

Keith was gone. She was alone.