Chapter 4

Chapter 4

It had been a week into winter break. Vic and I talked mostly during it. We've been pretty awkward towards each other, but I just wanted to forget our little argument we had and go back to being friends. Maybe I'm not the best with friends but I really did enjoy Vic’s Company. He invited me to a movie today with Mike and I accepted the invitation immediately, anything to get me away from my father. So I was currently waiting around outside for them to come pick me up. I saw his car driving down my street and I smiled.

"Get in!"  He said and motioned for me to get into the front

"Where’s Mike?" I asked and got into the seat.

“He decided he didn’t want to come” Vic shrugged

I didn’t bother replying. We sat in silence, well besides the quiet music coming from the radio. The ride wasn’t awkward but it sure wasn’t comfortable silence. I wonder if he thought it was awkward. Do you ever wonder that what if the silence isn’t awkward to you but it was awkward or the other person. My thoughts came to an end when he stopped the car and smiled at me. I felt butterflies in my stomach when he smiled at me. I may have a small crush on him but honestly who wouldn’t? He’s one of the only people here who have been nice to me and that mixed with his looks, he was like a full package deal. But it doesn’t matter he isn’t gay, or at least I don’t think he is? It’s not exactly something you tell your new friend I guess, I hadn’t told him I was.

“What are we seeing again?” I asked him as we walked closer to the counter.

“Whatever’s playing next?” he shrugged with a chuckle. I just smiled to let him know I agreed.

We got to the lady and both ordered tickets to the movie, which was some western or something. Honestly I could do with a western movie. I guess my expression changed when I found that out because Vic looked at me oddly.

“You okay dude?” I asked and put his hand on my shoulder and I swooned at the touch

“Um yeah” I said a little absent mindedly because I was focusing on his touch “I’m great” I reassured him and he moved his hand away slowly. I felt the butterflies go away.

I turned to face the front screen and I slowly watched the screen go black and reappear with an image on it. About at least half way through the movie Vic leaned over to me.

“Do you wanna leave? This is boring the shit out of me.” Vic said.

I laughed and just nodded my head “Yes let’s get out of here please” I replied

We stood up and walked out of the theatre. He was looking at his phone texting someone while we left slowly.

“We can head to my place and hang for a bit if you want?” He asked me and looked up smiling “Mikes not home and neither are my parents.” He said

“Yeah sure” I said a bit nervously and bit my bottom lip. I watched his eyes flick to my lip and back to my eyes quickly before he turned to leave.

I followed behind him, us still not making much of a conversation. We got to his car and both of us hopped in. He made a comment on the movie and thus began a conversation, finally. And it was relatively normal too. We kept the conversation up the whole ride home and it didn’t end up until we were both sitting on his bed in his room. I pointed at his guitar in the corner.

“You should play something” I urged him

“Nahh” he replied flicking his hand in the air

“Come on, pleaseeee? What have you been working on for the music assignment?” I pushed