Chapter 17

Chapter 17

When I woke up the sun was shining directly into my eyes. My left eye was scrunched closed so the light was mostly bothering my right eye. I really need to put something to cover my window up… I sat up from my bed and scanned across the room. I spotted my phone and picked it up, turning it back on. Once it was fully loaded I went through my recent texts, 6. Wow, wonder who was trying to contact me? I went to my messages and found 3 were from Vic.

10:27pm - Vic: Call me or text me if your dad does anything.

8:00am – Vic: Good morning beautiful <3 I’ll be there to pick you up in a bit J

8:54am – Vic: Where are you?

I was about to reply to Vic when my phone died… Of course, I sighed; it was already 9:30. I wasn’t going to go to school today anyways though, really saw no point in it for me. I stood up from my bed and walked out of my room into the bathroom. The left side of my face was bruised up and down, it looks worse than it feels though. The only part that really hurts is my eye. I did my business in the bathroom and walked into the kitchen, grabbing a bowl of cereal.

I plopped myself down on the couch and turned on the TV watching Adventure Time. I ate my cereal quickly, surprised how hungry I actually felt, and then laid on the couch. I felt like I was drifting asleep when I loud beep woke me up. I thought I was imagining it when I heard it again. Oh, it’s the doorbell. I stood up, my legs feeling a little weak from my sleepiness. I walked over to the door and unlocked it, swinging it open I was met face to face with Vic. I smiled at him.

“Hey” I said. His face wasn’t happy when he saw me, he looked worried, angry, and annoyed.

“What the hell happened to your face?” He nearly shouted. Oh fuck right my bruise!

“Shush! Get in!” I said and pulled him inside, the last thing I needed was for my neighbours to overhear.

“Was it your dad?” he said sternly an angry.

“Yes, it doesn’t hurt though, only a little.” I said honestly, He came closer to me and by instinct I backed away.

“You’re scared of me now?” he asked me angry

“No!” I shouted “I-“I didn’t know what to say. Being hit by someone like that really does things to you. “I’m sorry” I mumbled and held back tears that wanted to fall.

“You need to get help Kellin, I can’t stand by and watch this anymore” He said to me with sorrowful eyes. I sighed in response.

“I will” I muttered. “If it happens again I’ll call you right away”

“Promise me?” he said, not breaking contact with my eyes.

“I promise” I shouldn’t be getting angry at him, I guess I know deep down he’s only this demanding because he cares about me, and honestly if I saw him getting hurt like I do I would want to do something about it. He sighed and brushed his thumb along my cheek lightly. I expected it to hurt but thankfully it wasn’t too much pain.

“Put some ice on it” he ordered me

“Yes mother” I teased and he finally cracked a small smile. He walked to the couch and plopped himself down like he was at home. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a small ice pack and a towel. I wrapped the icepack up and put it on my cheek, not pressing down too hard so it’d hurt.

“Are you going back to school?” I asked him, kinda hoping he’d stay here with me

“Nope” he said casually. Times like this make me so happy that my father has a job.