Chapter 8

Chapter 8

“Kellin, you’re wanted in the office” My math teacher said to me. 

That’s confusing… Okay? “Alright” I muttered out and picked up my things before leaving the class room.

I was happy to get out of there though so it was like a gift from God when I was able to leave. But once I got closer to the office I realized maybe this wasn’t a gift. There was Mike standing there looking angry, confused, and worried. His eyes landed on me and he walked out of the office instantly.

“What happened?” He asked me

“I don’t know… what’s going on?” I asked him very confused

“No! I mean what the fuck happened to you and where is Vic?” he asked me sounding pissed

I opened my mouth trying to say something but nothing came out. Mikes expression didn’t lesson when he grabbed my arm and dragged me out of the school. Fuck that hurts. I tried not to let it show on my face but he had a death grip and i wasnt exactly in best form at the moment.

“Did someone do that to your face?” he said letting go when we got outside

I didn’t respond 

“Does Vic know who did it?”

I didn’t respond. He raised his hand and he looked like he was going to hit me but he ran his fingers through his hair frustrated.

“Look Kellin, I need you to tell me what happened, okay?”

“My dad did it” I blurted out before I could stop myself from saying it.

“Fuck” was all Mike muttered and then began running. I followed behind him as well. Confusion was the only thing coursing through my mind. Why did Mike need to know and why would it have mattered? I began to feel myself going light headed and I couldn’t breathe. Mike kept running ahead of me and I had to slow down to walk. This was a lot of work on my ribs.

I stopped walking and tried to get a full breath of air. Panic set in when I realized I couldn’t breathe properly. I was frantically gasping for air, some words were escaping but I don’t understand why I was trying to yell. No one would hear me. I did the only thing I could think of doing. I ran. Which was stupid because I felt dizzy and light headed with every stride I took. I saw my house coming into view and Mike was standing outside watching what was happening in front of him unfold.

There was Vic, standing there with bruised bloody knuckles and my dad being taken away in an ambulance. Oh my god. I was standing there in bewilderment. What just happened? I Took a huge gasp for air and Mike turned to look at me. I started ti develop the same coughing fit i was in earlier and fell to the ground. Mike ran towards me but that’s all I saw because everything went black after.

~

Everything was bright. It hurt my eyes.

“Ow” I muttered

“Kellin!” I heard voices say

I closed my eyes. What happened again? I remember seeing my dad being taken away and then everything went black after that. I slowly opened my eyes and let them adjust to the room lighting. I was in the hospital? My breathing quickened, and I felt nervous, I couldn’t be in the hospital my dad would be very angry people found out about my bruises.

“Calm down” I heard a voice say; I looked over and saw it was Mike.

“What the fuck!” I practically yelled “I need to get out of here I can’t be in the hospital!” I said with anguish