Chapter 16

Chapter 16

It was Sunday night and I was honestly in one of the best moods I’ve been in for a while. Vic was the best boyfriend ever to me, maybe he was being extra sweet to make up for what he’s done but regardless he’s been nothing but perfect for me. I was currently lying on my bed even though it was only 7pm. I had nothing today so I just wanted it to be Monday already, that way I can see Vic again. Although I couldn’t just walk over and see him now, maybe surprise him…

I rolled out of my bed, decided that I would go see Vic. Even if it was for a couple minutes it would be worth it just to see his face. I walked out of my room and passed through the kitchen. I heard talking coming from the living room, I figured it was the TV, boy was I wrong. I turned the corner and sitting there was my dad talking to 2 men looking fancy in suits and he was sitting beside a woman. My expression was very readable; I was just standing there watching in shock.

“Kellin my boy! Come say hi to my co-workers” my dad said, putting on a fake happy-father voice. I groaned.

“Hi” I said waving “I’m going to my friends” I murmured and my dad shot me a glare. I could tell from his eyes that he wasn’t happy with my ‘attitude’ towards him. I walked forward and out of my house. I shivered all over; my dad was a sick fuck. I turned in the direction of Vic’s house and started walking. My thoughts were all over the place, if that woman was pretending to be my mother then I feel very sorry for her. I looked up and saw Vic’s house in front of me, I smiled to myself, and letting my old thoughts disappear and let Vic enter my mind. I powerwalked to the front door and knocked on it quickly, eager to see Vic. The door opened and I saw Vic’s mom standing there.

“Hello Kellin!” she smiled at me.

“Hi” I smiled “Is Vic here?” I asked her politely

“Up in his room I believe” she said and I thanked her as she let me in. I rushed up the stairs and knocked on Vic’s door. No response. I knocked again a bit louder.

“Go away” I heard Vic’s voice say, was Vic crying?

“Vic?” I said worried and attempted to open the door but it was locked.

“K-Kellin…?” I heard him whisper

“Open the door please” I begged him in a hushed voice, not wanting his parents or Mike to hear.

The door unlocked, but didn’t open. So I took the opportunity to open the door. I turned the handle slowly and I looked in to see Vic sitting on his bed, smiling. I could tell he had been crying. His red stained eyes and teary cheeks gave it away. “What’s wrong?” I nearly shouted and swung the door closed before rushing over to him.

“I-“ he said and then broke down “I’m so sorry Kellin” he sobbed. I climbed onto the bed and hugged him close to me. This was the first time he’s ever looked so… vulnerable. I couldn’t imagine him like this. Did someone do this? He cried into my shoulder and I just held him into me, letting him cry. “It’s okay” I cooed into his ear softly. He kept crying, I wasn’t sure what to do so I started singing. I began to sing one of the songs I wrote about Vic. His breathing soon went back to normal and he stopped crying, but I kept holding him. I held him until I knew he was done crying, and I held him until I was finished singing. I slowly let him out of my grasp and then looked him in the eyes. I wanted to scream, kick, and punch because his once memorizing brown eyes looked like sad, lonely, and dead.

“Vic?” I said calmly

He smiled at me through his teary eyes “I liked that song Kellin” he said. I leaned in and kissed his lips slowly and passionately.