Chapter 21

Chapter 21

I sat leaning up against my locker, currently doing my math homework that I didn’t do last week. I came to school early today to catch up a bit since I’ve been slacking a lot in school. It’s getting harder for me to focus in class now that my parent’s anniversary is coming up. It’s just my luck that it would be on my birthday too. I know every year around this time my dad gets more pushy with me, I think the only reason he hasn’t hit me is because Lindsey is around which I’m thankful for but also un-thankful for, I don’t want her getting hurt from him. I know I should be excited for my birthday, I mean I’ll finally be 17, and Vic keeps getting me excited, but I just know at the end of the day I’m going to go home to an angry father. I took a deep breath in and carried it out slowly, I feel like this day is going to take forever to get over with. I flipped my math book shut, happy that I finally finished it, and threw it into my locker.

 I practically had to force myself to go to socials and get what I missed, I hate socials and I don’t know why I’m forced to take it. I was walking down the empty halls when I could hear some voices, I mean that’s normal I’m at school, but it was Brad, Brandon, and Drew. I stopped in my tracks and tried to think of the possible solutions where to go. We are at school so it’s not like they could tear me apart, right? I ran to the boys bathroom and hi-tailed it into one of the stalls. Why would they even be here this early? The only people are students like me who need to catch up and teachers (Not saying they don’t need to catch up because with their brain they probably need to re-do the whole grade).

“No we hooked up at Vic’s party and haven’t talked since. I don’t fucking care about her she’s a skank” It was Brandon. I moved my feet onto the toilet and nearly held my breath so they wouldn’t know I’m in here.

“I heard she hooked up with Vic!” Drew said. A-are they talking about my-my Vic?

“Fuck, when?” Brandon laughed

“Like yesterday I thought, why do you think he left school so early?” I let out a silent sigh; he left early because of me. It’s me, not her; you’re okay Kells you’re okay…

“Didn’t he literally come out as gay not even a week ago?” Brad said in a ‘duh’ tone.

 The guys stayed silent for a moment, I thought they realized I had been listening in to their conversation. Fuck Kellin you’re caught!

“Whatever” Drew said, I could feel from his tone he was rolling his eyes. i let out a sigh of relief. 

“That Kellin dude bothers me so much” Brad said “How did he even worm his way into that group in the first place? He’s a nobody, bet he was hooking up with Mike or something those faggots” they laughed a bit before I heard they voices start to fade a bit signaling they left the bathroom. I let out a sigh of relief and stepped down from the toilet. I opened the stall door and waited a few moments before leaving the bathroom, just in case they were standing there, I didn’t want them to know I was listening in on their conversation.  When I did get out of the bathroom the halls were busier and it made me a bit frustrated. Whatever, screw socials.

“Kellin!” I heard my name being called; I turned to see Vic’s usual intimidating self-walking down the hallway. The best thing about is the fact everyone is still terrified of him even though he stands up for them, what a confusing world we live in.

“Hi” I smiled at him, I wasn’t excepting him to be too touchy towards me at school but boy was I wrong. He wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me up to kiss him, I didn’t obligate to kiss back, and it made me happy that he didn’t care about doing it in public anymore. I heard some kids saying ‘awe’ but there was one that stood out.