Chapter 22

Chapter 22

“You’re going to love your birthday gift” Vic said to me, it was last block of the day, 10 minutes until the bell. He managed to pull me out of class early because he said we needed to wait in the halls.

“What is it?” I asked

“You’ll see in a few minutes” he said, I was getting a bit impatient. I sighed and hit my head against the locker. I heard some commotion and then Vic lightly hit my arm for me to look. I looked straight ahead and there was Brad getting dragged down the hallway with policemen.

“What the?” I asked

“Happy birthday!” he said and kissed me before I could ask him another question. He pulled away smiling, “Looks like Brad is going to jail for having a lot of weed in his locker, oh no!” he faked his surprised tone.

“How did you do that!” I said with a smile

He shrugged “Mike is very good at breaking into things” he smiled at me before kissing me again. I instantly kissed back and I would have depend the kiss but the bell rang signalling school was over, fucking finally. I stood up and followed beside Vic to his car.

“Be ready in 2 hours, I’m taking you to dinner” Vic said to me. I’m 17, most people would be so happy I’m only mildly happy. I’m only happy cause Vic is making this birthday bearable where as my dad is making it a living hell. This morning when I woke up he threw a vase at my head and I’m lucky I ducked, he said I was ‘taking too long in the bathroom’ when I was getting ready but of course I know the real reason. I get my dad’s upset about it, it being my fault and all after all.

“Kellin did you hear me?” Vic said, I looked at him confused in response “Get in the car?” he said suspiciously.

“I can’t I have practice with the guys. We want to perfect our song and send it to a record company.”

“I’ll drive you to his house” he said, in other words I had to get in the car no matter what. I smiled at him and opened the door; Vic shut it behind me. I turned to face Mike who was sitting in the back.

“How does it feel to be 17?” Mike asked me. I shrugged,

“The same” I said a bit sadly. I don’t even know why I was so sad, I mean yes I do but at the same time it’s pointless for me to be this upset over my dad. It’s just our little fight yesterday made me more worried to be around Vic, I don’t wanna fuck up with him and end our relationship although I do know it will end. I just always get that bad feeling when Vic goes quiet or when he gets mad. It makes me a bit frustrated because I wish I could stop thinking sometimes.

“You okay kells?” Vics sweet voice said bringing me back to reality and then when I noticed he was almost at his place.

“Yeah just thinking a lot” I replied quietly so Mike wouldn’t hear, not that he could tell we were even talking from him talking non-stop about Harry Potter and gangsters or something like that.

“What about?” he asked me, I guess he got the fact I didn’t want Mike in on the convo because he kept his voice low as well.

“I don’t know” I shrugged; I turned to him and smiled. He didn’t need to know about my whole dad thing going on right now “I’m good.” I said still smiling. He smiled back at me and kept driving, he pulled up into his car and Mike jumped out.

“Later Kells! Have a good birthday, let’s all do something tomorrow when you and Vic are done your fun night” he said

“Bye” I simply said and smiled at him.