Chapter 10

Chapter 10

The look on my dad’s face when I walked in was horrifying. He had a bruise all over the side of his face ad judging by the way he was walking there was probably more. I held in my laughs because in a way he reminded me of well, me, and he deserved to feel like that. The first thing I asked him when I walked in the door was why he dropped the charges. My dad refuses to tell me why though, he keeps saying things like ‘no point to’ etc. I would ask him again but I didn’t want him to change his mind. That night wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be. I was expecting him to hit me but it didn’t go any farther than emotional abuse that night which I guess was better. But it still hurts hearing your dad call you a faggot, worthless, and convince you everything is your fault.

After the whole fiasco with my dad, I was sitting in my room writing. My notebook in my lap, headphones in and music blasting. It was a somewhat peaceful Thursday night for me I guess. I was trying not to over think it or anything but it kinda got the best of me and I was once again writing my feelings out about Vic. Something about what Mike had told me made me want to forgive him and apologize, but another part of me wanted to hit him again for not being able to stand up for himself. But it was still curious as to why he would be a ‘emotional wreck’ or if he was gay. I think that last one was probably floating through my mind more than less.

I felt my phone vibrate, bringing my mind back to reality. I looked down and saw an unknown number. Being me, I felt the need to answer it. So I paused my music and brought my phone to my ear.

“Hello?”

“Gabe shut up!- Hey Kellin?” I heard over the other line, the voice sounded familiar

“Who’s this?” I asked

“Oh sorry its Justin, Justin Hill remember me?” he said

“Oh right hey dude” I said a little more casual finally

“So listen, I get that its 8pm on a Thursday but what would you say about coming over and meeting a few of my friends? Y’know really get this band united”

“Ahh… Sure yeah” I replied

He gave me his address which in my luck was a 20 minute walk from my place. I hung up the phone and slipped it into my pocket. I walked out of my room to see if my dad was up, he wasn’t. Instead he was passed out on the couch like he usually is at this time. It usually bothers me when he’s passed out on the couch but right now I found it useful. I slipped on my Toms, grabbed my notebook, and headed over to Justin’s. It was an unusually cold night but I guess it didn’t bother me that much and I soon found myself knocking on the door to his place. The door opened up to a lady who I’m guessing was his mom.

“Hi, uh… Justin invited me?” I said not sounding so sure of myself

“Right of course they’re downstairs in the basement” she opened the door and let me into the house before leading me which way to go.

“Thank you Mrs. Hill” I smiled and walked down the stairs. I turned to the corner and a smile was instantly thrown across my face.

“Ayeee!!” I heard one of the guys yell. This was defiantly weird, not used to having ‘friends’ really.

“Kellin dude!” Justin said and walked over to me “Here let me introduce you, Guys this is Kellin, Kellin this is, Gabe Barham and Jack Fowler.”  He said and pointed them out to me.

“What’s up?” I asked

“Nothing really, but you’re just in time, tell us what you think of this” Justin said and picked up his bass. He played something which sounded pretty good actually. I can find myself getting comfortable with these guys very quickly.