thirty-one

it was pouring hard outside and taehyung felt bad for jungkook. the poor boy had no car and was walking to taehyung's house. he was almost tempted to get in his car and drive around to look for the younger, but taehyung controlled himself, patiently waiting in the kitchen.

his house was dead silent, besides the noise from the hard rain that was pounding on the outside. the sound soothed him, though, letting him close his eyes as he took a sip of the hot tea he had made himself earlier. he needed to calm himself down and the first thing he did was make himself tea and blast music in his room. right now, 'fxxk it' by bigbang was playing and taehyung was in an almost complete bliss, his body swaying to the beat of the music.

music was his escape from everything.

a few quiet knocks were heard on the front door and taehyung was quick to open it, a soaking wet jungkook standing before him. without any greeting, jungkook rushed inside, teeth chattering, water dripping from his hair. he had his arms wrapped around him and taehyung noticed the boy wasn't wearing a jacket.

"where the hell is your jacket?" taehyung asked, grabbing jungkook's wrist, leading him into his bedroom. he started going through his clothes drawer for something jungkook could wear as the younger sat freezing on the bed.

"i-i-it w-w-was in th-the w-w-washer-r," jungkook mumbled, his whole body shaking from being out in the rain for too long. "y-y-you s-said fifteen-n m-m-minutes a-and the w-washer was g-g-gonna be d-d-done in th-thirty."

taehyung frowned. he found an old and baggy hoodie he used to wear and threw it at jungkook, adding in a pair of sweats and boxers. jungkook chattered out a little, "th-thank y-y-you," before slowly taking off his clothes. taehyung made sure to look away, only stealing a few glances of course.

he pretended not to notice the bruises on jungkook's stomach and went to get a blanket.

when he came back, jungkook was in his clothes and he couldn't help but smile at how cute the younger looked. taehyung wrapped the thick blanket around jungkook's body like a burrito, making the younger giggle.

"there. now you're toasty," taehyung smiled warmly, going to turn down the music that was blasting in his room before he heard a little, "don't." he looked back and saw jungkook staring at him.

"i-i like this song," the younger mumbled, and taehyung nodded, leaving his speaker the way it was as 'fools' by troye sivan played.

taehyung decided to let jungkook warm up and went to make him some hot tea, humming as he did so. without even knowing it, he started singing along to the lyrics. as he waited for the tea to finish, he peeked into his bedroom where jungkook was now looking around, not knowing taehyung was watching him.

"you're quite nosy for someone who can't tell their own secrets," taehyung finally said, making the younger jump.

"i'm sorry," jungkook quickly apologized, putting down the picture of taehyung and namjoon. "it's a really nice picture."