thirty-three

"just let me know if you guys need anything. i'll be in my office," jungkook's dad told taehyung and jungkook, giving a little smile before leaving the two in jungkook's bedroom. taehyung rolled his eyes, scoffing.

"he's such a faker," he mumbled, making jungkook frown.

"you promised you wouldn't do anything," jungkook said, giving taehyung an innocent look, his pretty plump lips doing a small pout.

taehyung gave the younger a little reassuring smile. "i'm not going to do anything." he leaned his face a little closer to jungkook's, noticing how his fringe was covering his eyes. he went to go brush it out of the younger's eyes when jungkook stopped him. taehyung furrowed his eyebrows.

"what pages should we start studying on?" jungkook asked, opening the math textbook that was on his lap.

"why won't you let me brush your hair out of your eyes?" taehyung asked, giving jungkook a confused look. jungkook pretended he didn't notice and went back to looking down at his textbook.

"i think we should go from page fifty-six and up since we have our exams coming soon-" he stopped talking when taehyung softly turned his head towards him. "taehyung my dad thinks we're studying."

taehyung ignored him and finally brushed the hair from jungkook's eyes, his blood started  boiling when he saw jungkook's black eye. jungkook noticed taehyung's anger and put his hand on taehyung's slightly larger one to try and calm him down.

"it's-"

"don't say it's okay," taehyung immediately cut him off, looking away from jungkook. "when did he do that?"

"tae-"

"when, jungkook?" taehyung asked again, now looking jungkook dead in the eye.

jungkook gulped. "m-maybe fifteen minutes before you arrived." he looked down at the textbook in his lap, ashamed. "i was gonna try and cover it up with my mom's make up but i couldn't find it and then you were already here and i thought the best thing i could do was-"

taehyung shut him up with a press of his lips on his cheek. jungkook's eyes widened, a little blush creeping on his cheeks. taehyung smiled, his face now against jungkook's cheeks.

"your cheeks are the cutest," taehyung said, pulling his face away and pinching jungkook's pink cheek.

"yah, stop pinching my cheeks all the time!" jungkook whined, trying to glare at taehyung, who had a little smirk on his face. "besides, my door is open and my dad could see. keep the pda down to a minimum, okay?"

taehyung huffed, blowing air out of his mouth, his cheeks puffing out cutely. "fineee, but are we really going to study? i don't want to."

"what's your grade in pre-calc?"

taehyung gave jungkook a fake smile, nervously laughing. "you want the real answer?" jungkook raised an eyebrow at him. "okay okay. so i might have a d plus-"

"taehyung!" jungkook scolded, a sharp look on his face.

"what? at least i have a plus!" taehyung said, but jungkook just shook his head. "hey, not everyone can be a smarty pants like you."

"it's not being a 'smarty pants', it's called
'turning in my work on time'." jungkook said with a duh tone, setting his textbook into taehyung's lap. "mrs. lee doesn't even check the work. just as long as we have some numbers on the page she'll give us full credit."

"so that means-"

"i know what you're thinking and no, that does not mean you can actually put random numbers on your papers." taehyung made a little whining sound, making jungkook giggle. "i'll help you study, okay? you have to learn some stuff this year."

taehyung pouted but nodded. "fine."

jungkook smiled, pinching taehyung's cheek. "that's my boy," he cooed, not realizing the impact those words made on taehyung as soon as he said them.

"your boy?" taehyung smirked, leaning towards jungkook, who's blush was starting to come back. "when did we establish that i was your boy?"

"w-well - i - it's just - um.." jungkook stammered, not getting any words out. did he want taehyung to be his and vice versa? yes, he did like taehyung and taehyung obviously reciprocated those feelings back, but with his dad not okay with stuff like that, they couldn't possibly get together.

not yet, at least. not until everything is okay.

"i'm teasing. i know you don't a relationship right now and i'm fine with that," taehyung reassured the younger when he noticed how uneasy he got.

"o-oh," jungkook said, not having any words left to say.

"but," taehyung started, giving jungkook a playful look. "i wouldn't mind a kiss every now and then."

jungkook bit his lip, his eyes quickly darting from taehyung's lips to his eyes. he wanted to so badly, but his dad could easily see and that wouldn't be good. last year when namjoon came over, they hugged bye when namjoon had to leave and jungkook's dad gave a hard yelling and beating. he couldn't go to school for a few days because of his injuries, or according to his dad, he was 'sick'.

"maybe," jungkook mumbled, leaning next to taehyung to look at the textbook that was in his lip. taehyung widened his eyes at jungkook's sudden closeness, but quickly got used to it. he wrapped his arm around the younger's waist, pulling him just a bit closer. "t-tae," jungkook slightly whined.

"what? i'm pulling you closer so you can see the book better," taehyung said, playing dumb. jungkook rolled his eyes, letting taehyung's arm stay around his waist. he widened his eyes when he felt taehyung's hand slip under his shirt. jungkook pretended not to notice as he tried writing down the first problem from the textbook. he had to admit, having taehyung's warm hand trace patterns on his stomach was nice, comforting even.

taehyung nestled his face into the crook of jungkook's neck, getting comfortable. jungkook anxiously looked at his door, making sure his dad wasn't around to see the two like this. he gulped, finding taehyung's free hand and intertwined their fingers together. he felt taehyung smile against his neck.

"no pda huh?" taehyung mumbled, making jungkook roll his eyes again.

"i could easily push you away from me," jungkook threatened, and taehyung let go of jungkook's hand and waist. jungkook frowned, but then he felt taehyung hug him from behind tightly and he started laughing. "t-tae! let go!" he exclaimed, but taehyung just shook his head, wrapping his legs around jungkook's.

"now you can't go anywhere," taehyung said, smiling like he achieved something. jungkook squirmed on top of taehyung, trying to get out of his grasp. if he really tried, he could, but he was too busy laughing that his arms were too weak to do much.

suddenly, a sound of someone clearing their throat was heard and taehyung quickly let go of jungkook, who fell on the floor from trying to get out of taehyung's grasp. jungkook's dad raised an eyebrow at the two, a stern look on his face.

"i just came to see how the studying was going. i see it's going well," he said, giving jungkook a little glare before looking at taehyung. "taehyung, my wife will be home soon and we're going to be having a family lunch, do you mind leaving a bit early?"

taehyung looked at jungkook, who was frozen in his place. "um, yeah, sure." he got up from the bed, grabbing his stuff. he stopped at the door and looked back at jungkook, who was now on his feet, his dad standing by him. "bye jungkook," he said, a worried look on his face as he started walking out.

jungkook's dad was right behind him, walking him out of the house. "it was nice having you, taehyung," he said before closing the front door, leaving taehyung standing there.

he couldn't leave while knowing what was about to go on inside, but then he saw jungkook's mom pull into the driveway. jungkook's dad wouldn't abuse jungkook with his wife around, right? taehyung tried convincing himself that the whole drive back to his house.

-

i'm so done with school lmao

vote and comment ((: