fourty-two

taehyung peeked through jungkook's bedroom window, smiling fondly when he saw the younger laying down on his bed, a book in his hands. taehyung decided to watch for a bit, admiring how cute jungkook looked while concentrated - his eyebrows were slightly furrowed and his lips were in a little pout.

the door to his bedroom door suddenly swung open and taehyung quickly ducked his head, afraid he'd get caught outside of jungkook's house. he waited a few seconds before barely peeking, his blood starting to boil as he saw jungkook's dad yelling at jungkook.

jungkook had put his book down now, nodding everytime his dad finished yelling at him. there were even a few times he tried talking, but he was always cut off by his dad hitting his fist against the wall.

and then, taehyung saw jungkook's dad hit the younger in the face and he was so close from opening the window and pouncing on the damned police chief, but a sudden yank pulled him away from the window.

"what the fuck are you doing here?" yoongi whisper-yelled at taehyung, who widened his eyes when seeing the older boy.

"what the fuck are you doing here?" taehyung shot back.

yoongi rolled his eyes. "i live a few houses down here and saw you being a peeping tom," he snickered lightly, and taehyung huffed.

"i'm not stalking jungkook or anything. i was just coming to sneak him out," he defended, crossing his arms over his chest.

"if he gets caught he's gonna get his ass whooped you know," yoongi says and taehyung widens his eyes. "his dad's the police chief. he's really strict," he explained, and taehyung felt a little relieved that yoongi didn't know about jungkook being abused at home.

"he'll be fine. just leave before i really get caught," taehyung tried pushing yoongi, who pushed back.

"yah, don't touch me. i'll leave on my own," he huffs, turning and walking away from taehyung. the blonde made sure yoongi was out of sight before going back to peeking through the window. now, jungkook was on the ground, holding his nose while his dad was just leaving, slamming the door behind him. taehyung heard the front door of the house slam a few seconds later, and he saw jungkook's dad drive away.

he knocked on the window then, getting the attention of jungkook, who had tears running down his face. the younger saw it was taehyung and quickly opened the window, letting the older in. he was still holding his nose and taehyung saw it was gushing blood.

"tilt your head back, okay? i'll go find some tissues or something," taehyung frantically said, but jungkook used one hand to stop the older.

"m-my dad-"

"he left, don't worry," taehyung reassured, pressing quick kiss on jungkook's forehead before going to the bathroom and getting a toilet paper roll. he then went to the kitchen and got an ice pack because he knew the younger's cheek was going to be bruised. he came back and saw the younger sitting on the bed, his head tilted back, his body occasionally shaking from sniffling.

taehyung sat next to him and handed jungkook the tissues, the brunette immediately plugging his nose with them. he then grabbed the ice pack from taehyung and put it on his cheek, wincing a little. taehyung saw jungkook's free hand and immediately laced it with his.

after a few moments of silence, taehyung mumbles, "i don't get why you stay living here."

jungkook looked at him, the tissue plugged in his nose. "where else would i go?"

"you can live with me."

jungkook gulped, looking away from taehyung quickly. "i-i can't do that, tae."

"why not? it's better than getting your ass beat everyday," taehyung scoffed.

"you don't get it. he's my dad. he-he cares about me, okay? he just gets mad," jungkook said, almost as if trying to convince himself rather than taehyung. "i'm not leaving."

taehyung sighed, "fine."

and that was that.

jungkook's nose stopped bleeding soon and he threw the tissue and ice away. he came back and saw taehyung laying on his bed, trying to fight his sleep. jungkook held back a smile at the sight.

"i see you're tired," he murmured, slipping next to taehyung, who immediately cuddled into jungkook. taehyung sleepily put his arm around jungkook's waist, bringing him close. taehyung nuzzled his head into the younger's chest, and for the first time, jungkook was holding taehyung.

"haven't been sleeping," the older mumbled, his eyes closed.

jungkook furrowed his eyebrows and looked down at taehyung. "why not?"

"i don't like sleeping alone. scares me."

"why does it scare you?"

"i get really bad dreams of things i don't want to remember." and wow, jungkook almost forgot how broken taehyung was.

"what things?" jungkook asked, wanting to know more about the older boy that has bad dreams and cuts all over his body. "taehyung?" he asked again, but then he realized taehyung was sleeping and fondly sighed. he reached over to his phone and made sure to put an alarm so he can wake up early before his dad came home.

then, he pressed a kiss to taehyung's forehead, closing his eyes afterwards and falling asleep.

i haven't updated in a while and this isn't proofread so enjoy

vote and comment ((: