fifty-six

"so you're saying i can stay home while you and mom go stay for the whole weekend?" jungkook asked his dad, who was getting ready to leave the house.

"yes. your mom thinks it's best that you stay home for some reason. i say it's because your auntie's crazy and the way she runs the house is psychotic, but don't tell your mom i said that," his dad chuckled, walking over to jungkook. "you know the rules, and if you break any of them, you know what happens," he slightly threatened, scaring jungkook.

"y-yes sir - i mean dad," jungkook stammered out, flinching when his dad gave him a pat on the back. his dad just smiled and left jungkook's room, and soon his parents said bye to him and left the house. jungkook smiled to himself as he quickly got his phone out and started texting taehyung, telling him that he was now free for the whole weekend.

jungkook frowned at his phone after ten minutes when taehyung didn't even read his messages yet.

it was unusual - taehyung always replied withon five minutes. it was slightly worrying, considering the last time this happened taehyung was sitting on his mother's grave. speaking of, jungkook had been meaning to ask taehyung how his mother died.

pushing the thought away, jungkook decided to walk over to taehyung's house. it wasn't a long walk, maybe thirty minutes at most. it passed by quick as he listened to music, bopping his head slightly to the different beats.

taehyung's house came to view and jungkook decided to knock on the bedroom window instead of the front door because why not. he raised an eyebrow when the window was open and didn't see taehyung in the bedroom. jungkook sighed, realizing he'd have to climb in now.

he flopped one half of his body over the edge, wincing as it dug into his stomach. he pulled himself completely into the bedroom; his body hitting the floor with a loud and painful thud. he groaned loudly, cursing at himself for not using the front door.

standing up, he started looking around taehyung's bedroom, curious to what he would find, but then he remembered he should probably find taehyung first. jungkook left the bedroom and searched into the kitchen and living room, finding no signs of his boyfriend anywhere.

boyfriend

taehyung is jungkook's boyfriend. jungkook is taehyung's boyfriend. jungkook found himself blushing at the thought and quickly pushed it into the back of his mind as he went back to searching for taehyung.

he decided the bathroom was the next big thing and opened the door, his heart stopping at the sight in front of him.

"j-jungkook," taehyung breathed out, the bloody blade in his shaking hand. he frantically covered up his wrist and tried hiding the blade, but jungkook was quick to take it away. "don't touch me!" taehyung shouted, making jungkook flinch.

jungkook held the blade in his hand, staring at it for a few seconds before setting it down on the sink. he could tell taehyung was panicking - his whole body was shaking and his breathing was uneven, like he was almost hyperventilating.

"l-let me see your wrist, tae," jungkook calmly said, carefully reaching to taehyung, who quickly pulled away from jungkook.

"don't touch me!" he yelled again, but jungkook could hear the shakiness in his voice.

"taehyung, let me clean it or it could get infected," jungkook tried again, but taehyung just frantically shook his head.

"you-you can't see them. you're not supposed to see them!" taehying's voice cracked as he started to cry and jungkook's heart broke.

"i-i need to," jungkook gently whispered, his hand reaching for taehyung's wrist. taehyung silently cried as he let jungkook roll up his sleeve, witnessing all of the new cuts he had made just minutes before.

he winced when jungkook started cleaning them as he had never cleaned them before. he knew jungkook was disgusted, repulsed, and that's what made him want to rip his arm away from jungkook and tear his skin apart even more.

jungkook found where the bandages were and started wrapping up taehyung's arm, trying to ignore the whimpers of pain from taehyung. he let out a little breath as he finished, washing his hands afterwards to get the blood off of them. taehyung just sat still on the toilet, frozen as tears fell down his cheeks.

jungkook kneeled in front of the boy, his hand caressing taehyung's wet cheek. "look at me," jungkook whispered, and taehyung connected their eyes together. "i don't think you're fucked up, okay?"

taehyung just shut his eyes and sobs started pouring out of his mouth. jungkook immediately held the older boy in his arms, desperate to calm him down, but the sobs got louder and taehyung was almost gasping for air.

the two sat on the bathroom floor for the next ten minutes, jungkook holding taehyung as taehyung finally started to calm down. his loud sobs had lowered to quiet hiccups. he noticed jungkook whispering sweet nothings into his ear and wondered how long he'd been doing that.

"i'm s-sorry," taehyung whispered, swallowing hard. "i'm sorry you had to see that."

jungkook pulled back, holding taehyung's shoulders firmly. "promise me you don't do it again," he softly said, looking into taehyung's teary eyes.

"it's not that easy," taehyung murmured, tears welling in his eyes, but he quickly blinked them away.

"try then, please?" jungkook whispered, waiting for taehyung's response as the older bit his lip in thought.

"f-fine, but don't get mad if new ones pop up here and there," he grumbled, breaking the eye contact from jungkook.

jungkook sighed, "that's okay, but you do know that means i'll have to be checking."

taehyung widened his eyes, "checking? n-no, you can't see the rest of my body, jungkook. th-they're ugly and deep and-"

jungkook hugged taehyung again, tightly, to stop him from having another breakdown.

"i don't care how they look, i just have to make sure you'll be recovering rather than relapsing," jungkook softly said in taehyung's ear, feeling him slightly relax in his arms. taehyung mumbled a little, "okay," before pulling back from jungkook's hug.

he stood up, jungkook doing the same.

"i thought you were going to be at your auntie's," taehyung said as they both entered his bedroom, sitting on the bed.

"my parents let me stay for some reason," jungkook shrugged, leaning his head on taehyung's shoulder. "i'd rather be here with you anyway."

taehyung hummed in response, "i'm glad you came. i would have been bored all weekend."

"well i'm here now," jungkook said.

"does that mean you can stay over?" taehyung slightly smirked, and jungkook chuckled, nodding. "good! that means i can take you out on a proper date!" taehyung exclaimed, suddenly standing up, startling jungkook.

"a date?" he asked, watching as taehyung excitedly nodded. "right now?" taehyung nodded again, and jungkook couldn't help but smile at taehyung's smile.

"there's a carnival tonight and guess who has some money for tickets?" taehyung said, pointing to himself afterwards. "this guy! and guess who he's taking?" he pointed to jungkook, who was laughing out loud. "you!"

"fine, fine. a carnival sounds nice. i haven't been on a ferris wheel in years," he said, and taehyung's expression faltered a bit.

"i'm not great with heights, but you can go on the ferris wheel yourself," he awkwardly chuckled, scratching the back of his neck.

jungkook pouted, "b-but i was hoping we could go on it together?" he started gently pulling on taehyung's arm, and taehyung couldn't resist how cute his boyfriend looked.

"fine, but just because you look so unbelievably pretty," taehyung grumbled and jungkook laughed, pressing a kiss to his cheek.

-

y'all dates to amusement parks and carnivals are so fun like when i went on one it was so great i recommend it 100%

vote and comment ((: