fourty-seven

the address namjoon gave to jungkook was a cemetery. jungkook was confused at first, but then he saw taehyung sitting next to one of the graves and frowned deeply. he walked closer to the older boy, not wanting to disturb taehyung in any way. taehyung just seemed to be sitting peacefully, looking at the tombstone in front of him. jungkook looked closer and saw the name KIM MI-YEON on the head of the tombstone. January 16th, 1962 - March 29th, 2008 was under the name, with CARING MOTHER, WIFE, & SISTER next to it.

that was taehyung's mother and today was the day she died.

jungkook wanted to hug taehyung so badly, but he refrained and decided to just wait until the boy left. but after almost an hour passed by, jungkook had almost fallen asleep on a grave and decided to go greet taehyung.

he cleared his throat when he approached taehyung from behind, the older turning back at him. jungkook gave a small smile and sat next to taehyung, who went back to looking at the tombstone in front of him.

they sat in silence, jungkook deciding to lace his hands with taehyung's. he then leaned his head on taehyung's shoulder, closing his eyes. it was oddly peaceful, sitting in a cemetery.

"do you miss her?" jungkook finally asked, his eyes still closed. he heard taehyung sigh.

"a lot," he answered quietly.

jungkook hummed, snuggling more into taehyung. "tell me about her."

"she worked at a bakery and she always stole their cupcakes so that i can get some. they were red velvet and were made by her. she always baked me sweets, but she knew i loved her red velvet cupcakes and made those the most," he sighed, voice shaking a little as tears started to clog his throat. "she always made them just for me," he whispered.

jungkook could listen to taehyung talk for hours and he'd never get bored. something about his voice and the way he talked just made jungkook feel warm inside.

"tell me more," jungkook quietly said.

"she would have loved you," taehyung said as he let out a breath. "if you guys ever met, i know she would have loved you."

jungkook opened his eyes and looked at taehyung, who had tears in his eyes, trying to hold them back. jungkook put his hand on the hack of taehyung's neck and leaned forward to give taehyung a chaste kiss on the lips, surprising the older boy when he pulled back shortly after.

taehyung licked his lips before going in for another kiss, a deeper one, running his hands through jungkook's hair as jungkook kept a firm grip on taehyung's neck. jungkook felt a wer splash on his cheek and knew taehyung started crying.

"we're kissing by your mom, tae," jungkook panted when they both pulled back, their foreheads resting against each other's. "y-you wanna go now? or stay longer?" he asked softly.

"we can go," taehyung whispered, jungkook helping him stand up. he wiped the tears that kept gathering in his eyes. he looked back at the grave before looking back to jungkook, who had his hand out. taehyung softly smiled and held jungkook's hand in his and they started walking back to his house.

soon, they were both in taehyung's bedroom, jungkook laying his head on taehyung's stomach as taehyung played with the younger's hair. they both were staring at the ceiling, lost in their own thoughts.

"where's your dad, tae?" jungkook asked suddenly, making taehyung's heart drop.

"he's in prison," taehyung answered quietly, biting his lip afterwards.