seventy-six

"oh hi taehyung, jungkook's in his bedroom. he's been studying for hours so please get him to stop," jungkook's mother chuckled to taehyung when she answered the door and he just smiled and nodded. taehyung wiped his sweaty palms on his jeans and made his way to jungkook's bedroom door. he bit his lip, his knuckles brushing the door before knocking two times on it.

"kookie, it's me," taehyung called from his side and he heard jungkook say, "come in." taehyung entered the bedroom and widened his eyes from all the textbooks and notes surrounding his boyfriend. "your mom said you were studying but damn."

jungkook didn't even look up to respond, "finals are coming up." his voice was blank and emotionless and taehyung frowned.

"why don't you take a break for a bit? i wrote you-"

"not now, taehyung. i really have to study," jungkook cut taehyung off, and taehyung tried not to feel hurt because jungkook never called him taehyung.

"but kookie i-"

"taehyung, i need to study. you can go out in the living room and wait until i finish but that'll be a while from now," jungkook snapped, giving taehyung a harsh glare. taehyung opened his mouth to respond, but instead he nodded and left the bedroom. he walked to the living room where jungkook's mother was watching television. she gave him a questioning look and he shook his head and she sighed.

"just come watch tv with me, i'm soon he'll be out soon," she softly told him, and taehyung obliged, sitting next to her and watching the tv in front of them.

taehyung found himself sleeping on the couch when someone started shaking him to wake up. he blinked opened his eyes, and saw jungkook standing over him.

"it's almost midnight, why are you still here?" jungkook asked, his tone being more curious than harsh.

taehyung yawned as he sat up on the couch. a blanket was draped over his body and he guessed jungkook's mom had put it over him.

"you said i could wait for you in the living room, so i did," taehyung quietly answered, and he felt the couch dip next to him. jungkook sat besides him, and taehyung was surprised when he felt jungkook cuddle into him.

"i'm sorry for snapping at you earlier," jungkook mumbled, sighing. "i'm just really stressed with school. finals are coming up and i'm backed up on some work."

taehyung started running his hands through jungkook's hair, something he knew jungkook loved. "it's okay. i should have left you alone the first time you told me."

"no, i should have taken a break with you like you said to."

"can you just let me take the blame for this," taehyung chuckled, and jungkook chuckled along with him.

"fine, but i still feel bad," jungkook said, and taehyung pressed a kiss to his forehead. "what were you trying to tell me earlier by the way? something about writing?"

"well i remember i had told you i would write something for you one day, so i did, but it's nothing. don't worry," taehyung said, not wanting jungkook to read what he had wrote him anymore.

"let me read it!" jungkook beamed, excited to read something that was written just for him.

taehyung pulled out a crumpled piece of paper from his pocket, reading it over before looking at jungkook. "it's really not that good-"

"let me read it!" jungkook tried reaching for the paper but luckily taehyung was faster and took it away from him.

"i'll read it to you, okay?" taehyung said, and jungkook nodded quickly. taehyung looked back over at what he wrote and took a little breath. "roses are red, violets are blue - wait shit wrong poem."

jungkook smacked taehyung's arm. "tae!"

taehyung laughed, "fine fine, hold on." he took another breath before reading what he actually wrote. "when i first saw you in school, you could say i was stunned. i never knew a simple boy could radiate such beauty more than the sun. when i first dm'ed you on instagram, my life was about to end. who knew i would still be here just because i clicked send. when i first smoked with you, you could say we were both a mess. smoking away our problems was something we always did best. when i first kissed you, i didn't know how to feel because you said you weren't gay so how did i know if it was real? when i first fought with you, i almost ended my life for the second time but then you had texted me and i saw the sunshine in my life be mine. when i first knew i loved you, i was scared out of my mind. i couldn't stop thinking when would be the right time. when i first told you i loved you, it was in a language we both didn't know. i had told you je t'aime tellement, which means i love you so.. much." jungkook laughed and taehyung blushed. "when i first met you, i never knew how much you'd mean to me. so jeon jungkook, will you please marry me?" taehyung finished, looking at jungkook with hopeful eyes. jungkook was in tears, but the last part had surprised him.

"m-marry you?" he stammered, gulping. taehyung nodded. "i-i don't know-" taehyung suddenly burst out laughing and jungkook was really confused. taehyung was clutching his stomach as he laughed outloud, leaning on jungkook for support.

"you-you really th-thought i was asking to marry you?" taehyung said breathlessly. he laughed harder when jungkook nodded, dumbfounded. he crossed his arms and pouted as he watched his boyfriend laugh at him. taehyung noticed and finally calmed down, pinching jungkook's cheek. "oh baby, don't pout. i just didn't know how to end it so i put that in for a few laughs. i didn't know you'd actually take it serious."

jungkook huffed, "well i did."

taehyung kissed his cheek. "don't worry, i'll ask to marry you someday, but right now is way too early."

"y-you want to marry me someday?" jungkook asked, looking to taehyung for an answer.

taehyung nodded, "well, yeah. i-i wanna spend the rest of my life with you." he looked down, feeling a little embarrassed of himself.

"oh." was all jungkook said, and taehyung couldn't help but feel a little hurt at the lack of response.

taehyung forced out a little chuckle, "y-yeah, but who knows? i mean, we could break up or one of us could even die. how stupid am i to think we'd get married-"

jungkook cut taehyung off with a kiss, shutting him up. he pulled back, resting his forehead against taehyung's. "i wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with you either, okay? it just caught me off guard."

taehyung let out a big breath of relief.

"good, i was internally freaking out," he said, and jungkook smiled.

"i love you, okay? i'll love you for a long time," he said, quietly, just so taehyung could hear, because he knew his mom was probably listening from the hallway.

taehyung smiled softly, "i love you too and i will forever." they both leaned in for another kiss when suddenly -

"oh my god, you guys are so cute!" jungkook's mom squealed, coming out of the hallway and rushing over to the boys. "i probably ruined a moment but i don't care! i need to take a picture of you guys! where's my camera?"

jungkook and taehyung both burst out laughing, amused at jungkook's mom's actions and words. taehyung looked at jungkook in the midst of laughing and he just knew he wanted to spend the rest of his life with him.

and jungkook wanted to spend the rest of his life with taehyung, too.

-

yes i wrote that poem thing i like some parts of it but others i don't but hey it's fine

sorry for not updating in two days btw, this story will probably be finished tomorrow or the next day, depending on when i finish the last chapter

vote and comment ((: