one

-'Hard' — Book Two of 'Daniel Seavey' Series-

3 years later..
ayla's pov |

Staring into my reflection, I watched myself, observing everything about me. My hair, now solid black with the ends dyed gray, eyes the color of blue-green stones, my skin, still glowing even though I felt miserable every moment of my life. Letting out a sigh, I fall into my bed, laying quiet in my room, not wanting to do much today. I don't want to do anything. I feel the depression coming back to swallow me whole. The anxiety building up inside of me. I gasp for a breath of air, hearing the alarm I have set, go off. I slowly sit up in the creaky bed. The one I've been in for weeks now. Maybe a month. The familiar scent of smoke seeping in the walls from the people in the room next to mine. Smokers. Although I've been depressed, it wasn't to the extent where I turn to drugs and alcohol, thankfully.

Street lights kept me awake. I was staying in a nearby hotel in LA. The same one I stayed in after I first left. For a while, I went back to Texas, my hometown, to be more specific. It's been 3 years since then. I went back for a month or two, but eventually all the memories I had there was too much to bear. I haven't seen my dad in years.. Much less Daniel, or the boys.. even Maya and Christina. I just haven't been in a good state of mind. I miss everyone and everything I had before my mother ruined my life. By that I mean when the boys first came back. She shouldn't have held her grudge against them. She should've just let me be. Then Carter would still be here. She would too, and I'd be with Daniel and the boys, but it's not that way anymore and I want my life back. I want it all back so badly.

I haven't heard from them.

It might be due to the fact I changed everything about myself when I left. Got a new phone, new number. I dyed my hair. Except for the wavy ness they used to have is now slightly more extreme curls. I'm almost 21, making my own decisions. I miss my old life though. I miss Daniel especially. It's been so long since the day. Carter is gone, I've accepted it, and everyday it hurts, but I fight through it.

I visit his grave. When I can at least. I still visit him. And I cry there at his grave. Surprisingly not ever seeing anyone else there.

I've been wandering around the city for about a month. I've been in California for a while now tho. I don't have social media anymore. I don't sing anymore. I don't do much of anything anymore. Always being reminded of, my past. I heard about the boys a few times, not much from them either. I wonder if they still make music. I hope they do. They're too talented not to. Throwing my hair in a messy bun, I decide to walk outside of my hotel, the streets being right in front of the porch. Looking out, I see the square I used to perform in. Beside it is a convenience store, I head that way.

I ignore the honks and noises of the busy city as I wait to cross the street. I approach the store, seeing Alex, he works here now I guess. He doesn't recognize me though. I don't blame him. I throw my hands in the pocket of my hoodie, having an idea in my head to get a Monster. I see them in the back. Walking over, I see a set of familiar faces. I feel my breath come short. To my surprise, the people that I saw. They look like Christina and Corbyn.

While I'm not sure at first, after taking a good look, I see that Christina looks absolutely beautiful, her face not aging a day. Corbyn looks the same, they're both a stunning couple and they look great together. But I can't face them. Not now. It's been 3 years. Who knows whether or not they're angry with me. I turn around and leave the store. Not wanting to make a scene. Tears streaming down my face, I walked out of the store, my walking increasing faster and faster. Until I ran, slowly getting the strength to go back. Go back and face them. Talk with them, but I didn't stop, I kept going. Not paying any attention to my surroundings, I ran right into someone.