ten

ayla's pov

My eyes widened at the thought of what Maya could possibly think when she saw him, so when she entered the house, I kicked Daniel under the bed, letting him know why and calmly running out to Maya, "Hey, boo!" I exclaimed turning her opposite of my room, "Hey?" She questioned, squinting her eyes. "You know what I'm in the mood for?" I asked her, starting to push her towards the door to leave, "Pizza! Do you mind grabbing one for us? Okay, thanks, Maya! Love you, bye!" I waved her away, shutting the door and locking it before she could come barging back in. As soon as I turned, I saw Daniel in my doorway, sweating a little, holding a shoe up.

"Found it," He spoke with a cute little crack in his voice. I laughed at him, wanting him even more, but I just couldn't.

I began walking into the living room, falling into the couch, "Sorry about that, Dani, Maya being suspicious of something is a definite no-go," I huffed, grabbing a pillow to hold. He tossed himself next to me, his arm lightly hitting my hand, "Oh sorry," He gasped, scooting away. We sat in silence. My mind racing at the thought of what would happen if anyone found out about what just went down. "We can't tell anyone what just happened," I snapped. Meaning it. Who knows what it could lead to.

daniel's pov

"We can't tell anyone what just happened," Ayla snapped. Somehow I knew she meant it. I mean, why would she want to go off and repeat the same thing to end with the same heartbreak? But looking at her was tough. She started to say something but I got distracted. From getting lost in her blue-gray eyes, to her cute little face, I mean, even without makeup she still looked gorgeous.. and her hair was so messy because of when we had the little hook up but, she somehow managed to pull it off so perfectly. And her smile? God. I could stare at it for hours and not get tired of looking at it. Then, I just found myself admiring her, looking at every little detail of Ayla Gray, falling in love all over again. I wanted to tell her too. That she looked stunning even without trying. That when she smiled, the world would stop. Her eyes sparkled when she talked. And just the sight of her presence could light up any room with those eyes and that smile.

"Daniel?" Ayla was waving a hand in front of me, "Daniel, are you okay?" She laughed, still trying to snap me back to reality. Oh, I love her laugh too by the way. I swear, she's just perfect and beautiful in every way I can even think of.

"Yeah, I'm here," I chuckled, sitting up better than I was before. "I thought that what I just said like, freaked you out or something," She lightly scoffed, immediately throwing her hands up, "Not that it shouldn't! It's completely understandable if it does," Ayla was acting like she said something that offended me. I put on a blank expression, "What'd you say again?" I tilted my head, honestly not knowing.

She sunk into a heap of pillows on the couch, "I said, I'm gonna do everything I can to get the band back together." My eyes slightly raised, my heart kinda stopped. Wow. I wanted the band back together more than anything but, I didn't think it was possible. So I got really nervous and started stuttering out words like I always do.

"Ayla- I, I would appreciate that but I just- I don't think that- I mean- After I was in rehab.." I forgot to mention that to her. So I could see her face fall when I said this, "You went to rehab?" She choked out, tears were already in her eyes. I slowly nodded, continuing, "They just, I feel like they don't trust me anymore. But I stopped drinking. Really. I get sick just thinking about it again," Which was true. She sat in silence, "Can you tell me what happened?" She asked, moving closer to me.

I took a really deep breath, "About 2 years after you left, I'd almost been an entire year sober. Nicole, she was so proud of me, and so were the guys. But I don't know what happened." I recalled on everything I could actually remember that day, "One minute, I was in my room, Nicole in the other, and and I'd eaten like half of this, tray of brownies Lucas had made for me, Nicole said they were good and that I needed to try one, but I should've noticed she didn't eat any. It was weird because she knew I don't even like chocolate. But these things were so good, they tasted a little off though. I remember that day. I should've known, but to this day I still don't know what it was." Ayla was looking at me with this concern in her eyes, she lightly placed her hand on my arm, shivers went down my back.

"All I do know is that one minute, I was in my room, and the next, I was in the streets with a large, empty bottle of alcohol," I spoke with a little uncertainty, "It's all so blurry to me now. Since then, I get these headaches that come and go. And Nicole dumped me weeks after she found out about it. The boys all lost faith in me." I sighed, my heart breaking a little. "To this day, I really don't know what got into me. They all think I got sentimental about you but, I know that wasn't the case. I knew you'd be back." I hoped I didn't offend her.

I let out a huff of breath, "God. I've never even told anyone about that," I laughed, but she got this really intense look on her face, "Daniel. You seriously haven't told anyone about it? How you don't know what happened?" She growled under her breath.

I shook my head, "It never occurred to me that they'd believe me," staying on the couch, I watched her shoot up from her seat.

"Daniel how could you be so naive to think someone wouldn't want to like ruin your life, or hurt you?" She shouted, rolling her eyes. Ayla started pacing back and forth, her hands on her head. "I- I don't know, I just didn't think about it I guess," I stuttered out. She marched up and plopped herself down next to me, "You got drugged."

My head instantly started shaking, "No. No, Nicole wouldn't," Well. I stopped myself, maybe she would.. I paused and thought for a minute. "Seriously?" I asked. Ayla nodded.

"Ever think about pot brownies?"

-

here's a quick short chapter, i'm literally at school so pray for me

follow my twitter - wrecklesslove__

omg i completely missed the one-year anniversary for conquer. wow. i'm awful.

11/26/18