three

ayla's pov

We stood there, in each other's arms. My eyes hovered from Jack to Lucas' face out of the corner of my eye, he looked really confused. Shoot. I had told him I'd never met Daniel.

Suddenly, Daniel let go of our grip, looking angry at me, but so relieved at the same time. "H-How are you, Ayla?" He choked out, the look on his face becoming more and more pale by the second. "I'm good, great actually." I replied, merely lying. Looking into his blue eyes. The same ones I've fallen in love with over and over again so many times over the years. But they were different. They were so dull. Sad.

"That's good. Really good," He smiled at me,  "You look great," He eyed my new hair with the same gap-toothed smile. The only thing that changed about his appearance was that he was more muscular and toned, he was also growing a little stubble around his lips. But he simply could pull anything off.

"Yeah, um.. Thank you. You look.. great." I admired him, he did look amazing. "How have you been, Dani?" I asked politely, giving him a smile. He stood there, with a smile, but shook. He looked over at Jack, who was quietly fan girling to himself. Daniel stood still. Not really moving, just a his mouth trying to get out some words. Lucas also stood there, very awkwardly. Turning to me, he hesitantly asked, "I thought you didn't know him, Ayla?" Shit. Looking sharply at him, Daniel's eyes fell once again, an eyebrow raising. I saw Jack with the most confused look, "What?" His brow furrowed as he snickered. "Lucas, what are you talking about," Thinking quick, I spat out, "I thought you meant someone else," I tried covering up. Daniel's eyes were still fallen, staring at the ground. Didn't work.

"I was really specific, I even said he was in the 'Why Don't We' band," Lucas continued to rub in. Jack quieted down at this comment. God damn it, Lucas just shut up, you imbecile. I glared at Lucas and he still didn't get the message. A dumb face plastered on him. "I'll just catch you later, Ayla," Daniel huffed out, he forced a small grin on his lips, seemingly pissed off, "It was nice catching up," he sniffled, I didn't know whether it was from sadness or sickness, or both. "See ya," Is all I could whimper out. And I watched him disappear down the hallway.

"Yeah, I'll catch you later, Ayla, it was good seeing you again," Jack spoke with a grin, walking the opposite direction. Once they were both gone, I turned to Lucas, punching him hard in the arm.

"You idiot!" I shouted, Sharply turning away from him. He began rubbing the spot I punched, "Ouch! What the fuck. What did I do?" Lucas loudly whispered. I shot him an annoyed glare as I made my mouth form a strong frown. Quickly letting it fade away, though. After all, it was my fault for not telling him the truth. "Lucas.." I blinked a few times to think through what I would say. "I'm-" I let out a sigh, Please don't hate me. "You know that girl, the one you said I looked like?" Lucas nodded, still holding the area I punched tightly.

"Truth is.. That is me. I lied. I'm Daniel's ex-girlfriend," I felt so stupid as I spoke, feeling sick to my stomach as I reminded myself that I was Daniel's ex. I didn't want to be. Lucas stared at me, waiting for more. "We broke up 3 years ago. Well I don't think it was ever really official. It's all a blur to me now but, I don't know how I feel after 3 years without him." Which was true. I felt like I knew, but I also felt like what I was feeling was the wrong feeling. I missed him but, I don't know if he really felt the same. Especially now after that episode we just had.

Lucas remained quiet, until he spat out, "It was official to him. I can't even think of every single girl he's dated since I met him." His shoulders shrugged, as if he didn't care whether or not his words hurt. My heart was shattering, I didn't want to believe it, but somehow I knew it could be true. He mumbled, "He doesn't treat them right. They hardly ever get attention, or love. He just makes out with them whenever he's stressed. Then if he doesn't like it, he breaks up with them and not even a day later he has a new mistress," Lucas' lips formed a small line, full of seriousness. Maya didn't tell me that.