fifteen

ayla's pov

ayla's pov

"About a year ago, I was at home, with my then-girlfriend, Nicole," Daniel began his rant, leaning to the edge of his seat as he spoke every word. "By the way, if you're watching this Nicole, screw you." He pointed a finger at the camera, causing me to give a slight chuckle.

"I'm sorry but, you drugged me, lied to me about it, then dumped me, tricking me into thinking I was the one who did wrong," He paused to take a breath, "I won't stand by and let everyone think you're a saint without informing them with the truth. That's all I have to say to you," Daniel sighed, not being near finished. "So, what actually happened that night? None of you know the truth. I was given a dessert that had some sort of drug in it. To this day, I don't know what it was. But Ayla and I have proof of them putting drugs in my food purposely and giving it to me, hoping for the worst for me to experience," he whipped out his phone scrolling to the messages. I grabbed his arm, "Daniel, are you sure you want to do this? Expose them like this? It doesn't seem right.." I paused, thinking about the real consequences. I'm not one to let people stomp all over me, but this seemed wrong in a way. Of course, they had their fair share of wrongdoings but I just felt unsure about outing them, especially publicly across the internet.

"They could go to jail, D." I bluntly let out.

Daniel stopped what he was doing. Letting out a sigh, he spoke, "Stop filming Maya." Maya did as instructed and flipped the camera away from us, turning it off. He groaned, softly placing a hand on his forehead, "I'm sorry. That was super shitty.. I shouldn't have done something like that." Daniel shot up, walking to the door. Maya's eyes threw me a look and I immediately went after him.

"Daniel, wait."

His body stopped, hand on the doorknob, he turned to look at me with those eyes. I mention 'those eyes' a lot because, you can't even begin to explain them. They were just so unique and amazing in a way nothing else was. His eyes were so blue you could feel the ocean waves crashing against each other when you looked into them. You get lost in them. Thrown into another place where it's safe and sound. I reached for him wanting to get him to stay. "It's okay. You have every right to be angry." I began. I watched his grip on the doorknob slip, his hand now resting at his side, I kept speaking, "But you can't let them get to you too badly. You can't let them change who you are." I advised as he continued making his own way back to the couch, where he threw himself onto. "When you get so caught up in trying to get revenge, you start to slip. You start to lose yourself and lose sight of what really matters and what's right from wrong," I continued looking into his eyes as he listened to every word I spoke, "That's exactly what they want. And that's exactly what you're starting to give them. Don't give them what they want. You're better than this. You know who you are. Don't change, Daniel."

Silence lay steadily in the quiet hum of the darkened room.

"What do I do," Daniel's rasp voice spoke. Both sets of our eyes now staring at the ceiling.