fourteen

ayla's pov

ayla's pov

"How are you feeling?" I whispered gently through the phone, a calm Daniel on the other line. There was a static silence, "Better. I'm not too sad about it all, I saw it coming," He sighed. I heard Zach's mumbling voice in the background, he soon disappeared, I heard Maya in the other room talking to him. "Daniel, I have something to tell you," I began. I've been waiting to tell him what I heard after I left. Not saying anything about it to him has been difficult. Considering he was the person who has the right to know. While, I knew it all along, it made me furious that my theory was actually right. I felt his blue eyes attention attack my words. "What is it?"

Taking a deep breath, I confessed. "After I left your place.. I overheard Lucas and Karlie talking. I-I know I probably shouldn't have been- eavesdropping but-" I couldn't keep myself from stuttering due to how scared I was as to how Daniel would react, "I just- I couldn't help myself! They were talking about you, and I was right. All along, I was right," I shouted, my heart beating outside of my chest.

Silence lay on the other side of the line, I wanted to say something, but the knot in my throat was unbearable.

"Right about what, exactly?" Daniel shakily asked, his breathing still soft and calm.

Keeping it to myself, I just couldn't any longer. But.. How are you supposed to tell someone that their best friend, ex-girlfriend and future girlfriend all drugged him, in order to practically ruin his life? It was so difficult, along with all the messages both Karlie and Lucas had sent after I confronted them.. I didn't know how to begin. "Well. They um.." I paused, letting the truth out, "They drugged you, technically both of them did since they both took part in it. Including Nicole.." I spoke in a very soft, hush tone. Daniel sighed, "I know. I- I can't believe. Just. Wow." I sat up better in my bedroom, a flow of sympathy running through my bloodstream. "I'm sorry, D." I creaked, feeling his pain echo off his voice through the phone, "I had a feeling whenever you first told me. It all just added up in the end. Especially since Karlie admitted everything to me. I just can't believe they'd do that to me," he said, his line breaking a bit.

"They told you?" I asked, raising my voice a bit unknowingly. "Yeah, she said that no one would believe me anyways. She laughed in my face about it. Then she hung up on me and continued to mock me over text," He explained. I felt his voice on the verge of tears.

Even though I thought Daniel would be more upset about this, he seemed to be taking it better than I expected. Still. Fury flowed throughout my bones. I wanted to make them pay. Pay for all the hurt they caused Daniel. Ever since then, everyone thought Daniel did drugs and still does, that's why everybody hates him so much. Instantly, my stomach turned, my legs wanted to run a mile, and the adrenaline rush in me was unexplainable. I couldn't be alone right now. Maya wouldn't help me, I had a plan and I was going to put it into action. "Daniel. Come over now." I spat. And without hesitation, he, to my surprise, immediately hung up. I knew he was coming. He trusted me. Of all people, he trusted me. After I broke his heart. After I gave him every reason to hate me. He still believed in me. Had faith in me.