six

ayla's pov

Hours passed, Zach left, Maya and I had showered, I put on an old t-shirt that was 3 sizes too big. Daniel had given it to me years ago. But that wasn't the point. I had already taken out my contacts, my vintage glasses on the bridge of my nose. With one thing on my mind: "People think it's my fault that Daniel did all those things," I whimpered, scrolling through the replies and retweets I was getting from people. I was now laying in my bed, Maya was on the edge scrolling through Netflix.

"Yeah. Sorry about that, B." She bluntly spoke, already yawning. I didn't know what to do. I couldn't have this image of me up. Anxiously biting my lip, I said something I never would've had the courage to do.

"I'm gonna go live," I stated, my lip slightly quivering.

"What?!" Maya shot up, worried, "No, you aren't. You're not ready yet."

"I'm gonna do it." I nodded my head, opening the app, waiting to press Go Live

"No!" Maya went in to snatch my phone but missed, causing her to roll onto the floor. Her head popped up, but it was too late. My phone bounced across the floor. We both sat there looking at it, I watched Maya pounce onto it as I opened YouNow on my laptop, it'd become much more popular now. "Ha," I snickered, watching Maya's mouth fall as I waited for people to join.

"Hey, guys.. It's been a while," I smiled normally to the screen, thousands of people arriving at my live by the second. A few kept asking the same questions: Where have you been? What happened to you? Tea about you and Daniel?? I fell uneasily, saying, "Maybe I'll explain another time, guys. But here's a short summary," I looked over at Maya who plopped onto the bed beside me. "I told her not to do this, by the way," She snarked. I elbowed her, "She's right, but I'll explain anyways," I took a deep breath and slowly breathed out, "I wasn't in a good state after my brother died. Hence, my disappearance for the past 3 years, that's," I croaked out, "an easy way of putting it," I smiled, searching through the comments again.

Maya still next to me, following along. Questions surrounding my love life and music career popped up. I nervously smiled as more and more popped up. Maya gave me a look of concern and turned her attention towards the TV now playing 'Friends' I sighed.

"Well, after I left, Daniel was.. different and I'm sure you all know that now. I mean, who can blame him? I, myself, have changed through the years too, and I know it's a lot to take in. I don't blame you guys at all for feeling a little strange about it all. Everything that happened made us all react differently. So, I just don't think any hate should be thrown towards any of us. Because, well," I looked at Maya, "all we're trying to do right now is to have things as normal as possible I guess. But me?" I paused, trying to find the right words to explain with, "Well, I was on my own trying to find myself." I sighed, "I was in a deep depression and I gave up on everything including my music career. So, that's nonexistent at the moment. Music," I pursed my lips, slowly continuing, "And as for Daniel?" I stopped, "There's no 'tea' other than the fact that Daniel and I are clearly no longer together," I tried not to sound sad about it, I didn't wanna start drama. "He's in a new, amazing relationship and I'm extremely happy for him and his girlfriend is great and they're such a good couple and I truly wish them the best. As for me, I'm single and not really looking for anyone right now," I nodded my head and I noticed someone enter the live.

Jonah Marais has joined your livestream.

I held my breath, nudging Maya softly. She squinted at the screen, eyes slowly growing larger. Fans were freaking out saying Jonah hasn't been on social media in a year, what a comeback. Without even thinking, I ended the livestream. Maya stared at the black screen with a scared look in her eye, "Was that..,"