seventeen

ayla's pov

ayla's pov

Blinking my eyes open, I felt sore all throughout my body, as I slowly opened my eyes, I saw a wave of blue over me.

"You're up," Daniel smiled over me, a wet rag in his hand was dripping onto my forehead, "Oh, sorry." He laughed, wiping the water off and placing the coolness onto my forehead. It felt nice and relieving, I let out a relaxed sigh and held it there on my forehead as I sat up slowly. Daniel immediately laid me back down, "Wait, I have to see how bad your bruised, A," He softly tugged at my shirt, awaiting for my approval and I gave a heavy nod. He slowly pulled it up, revealing my torso and the bottom line of my bra, a gasp escaping from his lips.

"Oh no.." he looked away before he lightly ran his hand along a part of my stomach and I was surprised to flinch at the touch. It hurt so bad, like needles stabbing at my body.

Looking down, I saw black and blue bruises lined up against my stomach, each one worse then the next.

Daniel started shaking his head, fury boiling inside of him. Seeing his care and generosity, I placed my hand on top of his, "It's okay. I'll be fine. It's just a few bruises," I assured him, hoping he wouldn't want revenge on them. He was already tackling so many things. Like trying to get the band together, earning his fans love again, getting out of a framing game and now he has to deal with this stupid gang too. It just made me angry. He doesn't deserve all of this.

Sitting up slowly, I kept the rag on top of my forehead and instantly paid all my attention to Daniel.

His lip was still bleeding and cut really badly. His eye was swollen and he probably couldn't even see out of it. But I noticed that he had a small gash on his cheek as well. He looked worse than I did. I took the now damp rag off of me and put it gently on Daniel's head, "Ouu," he winced in pain, but I shushed him, "It's okay, hold it there," handing him that, I rushed into the kitchen searching through the cabinets.

Holding my side, I accidentally bumped my hip onto a counter. Keeping the pain to myself, I tip toed to see if Maya had some sort of medical something somewhere. I opened the drawer beneath the sink and hit jackpot. Grabbing the rubbing alcohol, ointments, creams, cotton swabs, and some gauze, I went back to Daniel's side, his eyes widening at my supplies, "No, please," he lightly laughed, but I ignored him with a sincere smile, "It'll keep it from getting infected, trust me, D." That shut Daniel up.

Motioning for him to scoot closer, he did, I poured some of the alcohol onto a piece of gauze. His eyes didn't leave mine, "So what happened to you?" I asked, willing to make a conversation to keep his mind off of the fact that I was about to disinfect his wound and it was going to burn like hell. "Uh," He flinched as I approached him. Lending my hand into his I spoke in a soothing voice, "Hey. Just talk to me, it's gonna hurt a little, so just talk." He calmed down, breathing steadily.

"Well, I went in, right. Mm," He let out a small mumble as I started to cleanse the gash in his cheek, "Keep going," I insisted in order to distract him from the situation.