seven

ayla's pov

The early birds of Sunday chirped until I was awake. I rubbed my eyes, seeing it was already 11:00. I guess I shouldn't have stayed up that late Skyping with Daniel. Now, I know what you're thinking. But the reason for this Skype in particular was that we still have not finished the assignment for 1st Hour. So, we decided to do some research on our own with the help of each other.

-

"Oh my God, there was a kid that chugged 76 small water bottles in less than a minute," I spoke in awe as Daniel began to laugh at me. "Still the same, Ayla. You find pleasure in the smallest things," He shook his head, smiling. God. He looked so cute. "So, what're we gonna do exactly at the meet-up tomorrow?" I asked, clicking out of the dumb article I was reading.

Daniel took a sip of a glass of apple juice, "Well, I was thinking," He began to purse his lips, causing me to raise an eyebrow at the suspiciousness, "maybe we could start on the third part of the assignment," My attention immediately fell on him. Leaning in closer to the laptop, I spoke, "What exactly did you have in mind for the 'Talent' portion?"

Even though I already knew, I still needed to know for sure there was still hope for it.

He gave me a look, "You know what I have in mind," He grinned ear to ear, "Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I haven't tried writing a song in like," He paused to think, "A long time!" His blue eyes widened as he exclaimed this, making them look a million times more perfect than they already did. But I stayed silent, smiling but, not giving a single budge. He threw his arms up, "So the if you suck tomorrow, I will too! It's a win-win. We both get to see each other fail miserably," He joked. "Yeah, you know that it's impossible for you to be bad at anything music related," I scoffed, crossing my arms in front of my chest and slightly rolling my eyes. Daniel grew a little smirk on his lips, "I could say the same for you," I laughed, "Yeah right!" I got out my pencil and pretended to write more notes down for the essay.

Daniel stared at the screen for a few seconds, before I heard a soft voice from him, "Ayla, come on, I'm serious. You're way too talented to just not do anything with it," I looked up to see him, his eyes now glistening and the little gap between his teeth showing from his smile.

Nope. Don't do it.

"Daniel, it's just- I don't think it's a good idea,"

He sat silently, giving me a joking glare, "Nope. Nonsense! We're writing a song tomorrow. Be ready," He grabbed a pen, pointing it towards me, "and being your A-Game," A mischievous little grin appeared on his lips as he softly flicked the pen at the screen, earning a small laugh from me, "As much as I love music, I haven't touched it at all in so long," I argued, I pushed my glasses lightly onto my face.

"Neither have I, we've got nothing to lose, Ayla!" Daniel spun in his chair, he saw the glum look on my face, as much as I tried to hide it, he instantly went to comfort me, "Hey, let's just give it a shot." He pleaded, "If it doesn't go too hot, We'll stop. We can do something different for that part, but please," scooting closer, "just give it a try." He was now looking into the laptop camera, seeing his eyes and the puppy dog-ness in them, I just couldn't say no. After trying to resist, I coughed out, "Fine," I groaned, throwing my body back into my heap of pillows, I slowly got back up, "You're lucky that you're still one of my favorite people ever," I shot at him with a small grin.

Daniel's eyes raised, "Oh, am I?" He cocked his head up, "I mean, I'm not too surprised, how could I not be," He jokingly flexed in his 'Oregon State' hoodie. Shaking my head, I softly tainted him, "Don't get a big head now," He rolled his eyes. "Awh, it's getting late, I should go," He looked back at his digital clock.