Chapt. 31

SOME OF Y'ALL GRILLED ME FOR NOT EVEN EXPLAINING HOW SHE DIED SO, YEARS LATER, HERE IT IS ✌

Milan caressed her stomach, crying lowly. She was upset that Chris had left just like that. She knew she had said some hurtful things, but it was her hormones speaking. There was no way she was letting her baby go. It meant more than anything in the world. It didn't matter what anyone thought.

Her phone rang, interrupting her thoughts. It was Anthony again. "Hello?"

"Listen, I didn't mean to offend you the other night, can you come by for me to give you something? I'm not going to try anything."

"I don't have a way, can you bring it to me?"

"Yes, I'll just.. Just text me the address." They ended their call, she texted him, then went to clean her face. She didn't want anyone to know she was crying. Milan knew she was stronger than what people gave her credit for. It didn't matter what anyone thought, she was going to be an amazing, successful mother.

As she sat on the sofa, she typed Chris a long message.

"I know I'm not easy to deal with and I apologise for that, but it's what comes with loving me. You are really my everything. You have helped me through this. We are definitely not perfect and you have never always treated me right. I learned to forgive you and as the months go on, I'm learning to love you more and more. I don't ever want to lose this and I love you, baby."

Just as her finger eased to the send button, the electricity shut off. She exited the draft to use her flashlight. The light helped her over to the living room light switch. When the light didn't turn on as expected, she became scared.

Milan dialed Key's number. "Hey, your shit is messed up. Hurry and get back because I'm scared."

"Whats wrong with it, boo? What you talking about?"

Milan replied, opening the door. The streetlights were on in the distance. She looked around in the darkness then closed the door, becoming even more fearful. "Your lights. Does it do this all the time?"

"Use my little night light. I'll be there in like thirty minutes." They ended the call, then Milan turned towards the staircase. She reached for the rail but heard shuffling, then a silhouette. She took off up the staircase, afraid, but a tight grip on her ankle stopped her.

"Ahh!" she screamed, repeatedly, catching the attention of Elijah and Slim, who were sitting in the car. They watched the house with concerned looks on their faces. Slim nudged Elijah.

"Man, are you sure that he know what he doing?"

They could still hear her cries coming from the home as they looked around. No one was really up at this time of night. Elijah became worried for the first time. Anthony was supposed to be getting answers of Blaze's whereabouts and who he hangs around. He was taking too long, and house lights flipped on from the next door neighbor.

Slim started the car, kicking it into gear. "Go, man. Just go."

As they exited the suburbs, they heard three loud rings of gunshots fire off. They were so loud that it sounded like it was inside of the car. Slim pressed down on the accelerator, getting the hell out of there. They couldn't be any accessories to a murder.

Anthony raced out of the back of the house, then sliding towards the next door neighbor's home. He raced out of their yard and bright lights flashed upon him. The woman stared at him then the blood on his shirt. Anthony continued running as she screamed.

His heart was aching as he ran, tears running down his face. He couldn't help himself. He was wrong. He had never killed anyone in his entire life. Her face was imprinted into his memory. The look she gave him was enough to scare him and he was the one with the gun.

Then, he just pulled the trigger to make her shut up. The blood gave him confirmation that he had committed a bloody, bloody murder. His heart was going to pop straight out of his chest.

Anthony fell face first onto the concrete, his gun skidding across the pavement. The boys standing around, talking, looked at him weird. They put two and two together. Anthony didn't stay long enough for them to react. He was crossing the road without his gun, and a with a bloody mouth from a loose tooth.

Meanwhile, Key was coming back home with Antonio. They were singing along to an Ashanti song. The red and blue lights flashing in front of her house caught her attention. Antonio slowed, then she hopped out with quickness seeing the policemen entering her house. She ran up towards the steps, but the strong man pushed her back by her chest.

"This is my house!"

"Now, it's a crime scene." he replied, sternly, still holding her back.

The other walked out. "Could you identify this girl?" He held up a fresh picture of Milan's face. She stared at the few blood speckles covering Milan's face, then cupped her mouth.

Antonio stepped onto the porch, taking a glance at the picture. He pulled Key to him as she wailed loudly into his chest. He rocked her back and forth, while pulling his phone from his back pocket.

And when he gave Chris the news, he felt a tear slip from his eye. It definitely silenced everyone once the news got around. Parents regretted their harsh words and actions, friends regretted not spending enough time, and a lover regretted not treating her right. But they had to move on with life.

Please go support my August Alsina FANFIC titled "August's Empathy"