Chapt. 20

| Milan |

I sat behind Chris, wrapping my legs around his waist. "You're my baby," I mumbled.

"You mine too," he smiled. I kissed his shoulder then neck. "Aw, you mean that?"

Chris nodded, leaning back on me a little. I used my hands to support us. "Good."

That was the morning after we actually got "serious". I still don't see how I couldn't see past those lies. Maybe it was just my feelings at the moment.

"Hi, I'm Milan and I wanted to know if I could get a pregnancy test," I said to the lady at the front desk.

A walk-in clinic was the only option I had left. Plus, they wouldn't tell my parents.

At first I was going to stick with what the pregnancy tests said but it continued bothering me, so I searched up the nearest clinic and caught a taxi.

My heart was beating so fast. I had never thought I'd be here, and I can't blame anyone but myself. My parents warned me repeatedly but I never listened.

Key walked into the room, holding her bags. "Soory, I'm late... Have you took it yet?"

I nodded, sitting up. She sighed, "Are you going to tell him?" "If it's positive."

We sat there, contemplating. I could see how Key is sort of pissed about this. She warned me about him also.. As usual I never listened. "Do you think my parents will kick me out?" I asked.

She sighed, rolling her eyes, "I can't say but you can always come to my house." "OK."

The older man walked back in, holding his clipboard. He smiled, sitting down.

"Sometimes home pregnancy test aren't accurate--"

I stood up, walking out. He didn't even have to say anything else to me.

Key came out shortly after, holding papers. "You need to make a doctor's appointment and tell your parents."

______________

"Hey, sweetheart," Mom kissed my forehead. I stood up from the sofa and followed her into the kitchen.

"Your teacher emailed me and said your grades improved. I couldn't help but notice Chris hasn't been around lately," she smirked.

"My grades have nothing to do with him." "What's wrong with you?"

"Nothing, you and Dad just annoy me with blaming Chris for everything," I shrugged. She cleared her throat then shook her head.

What was I even thinking? Why was I still making excuses for him?

He wanted to talk to me but I just couldn't do it. I was really hurt.

"Do you want to go out and eat or stay in?" Mom asked, grabbing her keys. "Out," I stood up.

Maybe tomorrow I'll tell him or after I tell my parents. It's really hard

for me to come out and say it. They'll think I'm a failure. My Dad already does. He doesn't even acknowledge me anymore.

Blaze was mowing the lawn as we walked out and I knew he was probably mad at me for not returning any of his calls.

"Uh, I don't want to go," I said. "Are you sure?" She asked.

I nodded, walking over to the house door. "I'll bring you something back."

Once she was gone, I walked over to Blaze's yard and watched him cut the grass for a minute.

"What's up?" He said. "Hey," I smiled.