Chapter 10

| Chris |

I closed the door behind me, then walked into the living room.

"Mama!" I shouted. "In here," she called. I made my way into the kitchen, sighing.

Braylen was sitting at the table, texting, while my mama was making food.

"What's up?" I said. "I need to talk to you," Braylen stood up.

"I'll be back," I told ma, walking out with Braylen. We walked out back to the patio and took a seat on the pool chairs.

"Are you trying to avoid me or something? You didn't text or call, wouldn't talk to me at school, and you looked annoyed by me right now." Braylen stated.

I looked everywhere else but at her, "What we did was wrong."

"Wrong? How?" She raised her voice, standing up. "Because I'm in a relationship."

Braylen shook her head, walking back into the house. I sat back in the chair, dialing Milan's number again.

"WHAT?" She yelled. "What's up?" I smiled.

Milan sighed, "Will you please stop calling me?" "Nah, I need to talk to you."

"You must've thought I was playing when I said that I didn't want to do this any more." She said. I sat there, silent. "Hello?" Milan repeated twice before hanging up.

You can't just drop somebody like that. Especially if you lost your virginity to them. Well, most people can't. That's why it's important to think it through first.

Mama waved me inside, smiling. I stood up and walked into the house. "What's up?" My dad said, dapping me up.

"What you been up to?" He asked. "School and basketball." "Joyce said you had a game last Friday. You could've called."

"It wasn't an important game but we have one this Friday if you want to come," I replied. "Every game is important and Yeah, I'll come support you."

"Yeah... So..." I trailed off. "What about your grades?" He asked. "Oh, they good. I'm passing." "You working for a scholarship, huh?" "I don't know if I'm going to college."

Him and my mama gave me the same 'fuck you thinking' look. "Chris, you need to go to college." They said in unison.

"Not really... I can just graduate and do my own thing," I shrugged. "Like I said, you need to go to college." Ma repeated.

"No, Joyce. If he wants to just give up like that then so be it. See how far you'll get." Clinton pointed his index finger at me.

"Mhm, okay." I stood up, "I'll be back later on."

They were just going to lecture me on a bunch of stuff I already knew.

| Milan |

My phone went off as I was watching my mom run. When she saw my bruises, she began making me go to the gym ,because I needed to get "stronger", with her and I didn't bother going to school because it was too embarassing, but she said I had to go tomorrow.

It was Chris. I declined it, walking back over to her. "Jenelle, I didn't bring you here to watch me," she stopped. "Okay, what do I do?" I asked, looking around. She was acting as if I was a weak little girl. Yeah, I couldn't fight but she was blowing it out if proportion.

"Here," Teresa handed over a dumbbell. It wasn't heavy, heavy but it still hurt to hold it. "You just lift it up and down as many times you can. Do the same with the other arm," she instructed, starting up the treadmill again. "And you're making me do this because...?" I trailed off.