Chapt. 23

Milan ;

Chris stared at  me with his mouth wide open then he smiled. "You're playin'," he slapped my thigh, laughing. I rubbed it, shaking my head, "You never take me serious."

I told him that I'd taken a pregnancy test and now he's laughing about. Explain to me what's so funny about getting a girl pregnant before the both of you finish school? Chris sighed, "You doing this because of what I did to Blaze?" 

"No, wh--" "This shit isn't funny, Milan! I have basketball and graduating to worry about other than a fake ass baby. How do you know you're pregnant?" I sighed, grabbing my binder. It's where I kept my ultra-sound pcitures just in case my Mom or Dad came snooping around. They wouldn't think to mess with my school stuff.

"Here, and once you're done looking at it you can leave." I passed it over, but he pushed my hand away. "What's the matter, Chris? You don't want to face what's really yours?" I yelled. "It's not fucking real!"

Who in their right mind would make up a baby? That's stupid. "Yo--" "Nah, shut the fuck up! I'm not stupid. If you think having a baby will make me love you then you thought wrong!" He yelled, moving me aside then walking out.

He never really loved me? I think that was pretty obvious from the jump when he made a bet on my virginity! Chris obviously needs a reality check and he needs to understand that I'm not letting him run over me this time!

My room door opened and Mom walked in, holding a to-go box. "Here," she smiled, handing it to me. "It's from the restaurant. Who gave you that?" She pointed to Blaze's gift. "Avery," I lied, rubbing my forehead.

She nodded, "They're cute. Did you get her a gift yet?" "No, but I will."

"Do it soon," she replied, walking out. Now what? I wanted to tell someone besides my friends so bad but who? My parents would be so upset with me. More than upset, and I knew it. Why can't this baby just disappear? It's clear that I'm not ready for this responsibilty. My phone vibrated on my bag and I looked to see a text from Chris:

If u really r pregnant then we have to work something out.

His text didn't even deserve a reply. After what he said, I wanted nothing to do with him. Our friendship/relationship was over. The only thing we have to talk about is my child. Nothing else.

Blaze ;

Essence's dress was fitting and I couldn't help but stare. Slim wasn't feeling it though. He knows how sneaky she is. I do also but I she wouldnt act like that towardce me. We always had love for each other and she knows I would never officially leave her for another female. Milan could've had me but I see how she does things. 

Now I can be with my baby, peacefully. We made eye contact, her eyes lit up then she slowly walked over through the crowd. 

"Blaze," she smiled, kissing my cheek. "That's all I get after being gone for how long?" I chuckled. Essence mugged me, then pulled me outisde of the house. Once outside she kissed me softly.

"You could've done that in there," I smiled, grabbing her waist. "No, I couldnt've," she moved my hands away. I shrugged, kissing her neck. That was our thing. No matter where we were we would kiss all over each other, but she wasn't having it tonight.

"What's up?" I asked, pulling away. "I'm in a relationship." I've been gone for a few weeks and she already with another nigga. Now I see what Slim means. She lost her mind if she think they're about to stay together.

"With who? Tell me it ain't nobody in there." "Actually it's Ty," Essence said, holding onto my hand. I pulled away, turning to walk in the house but she grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and shook her head. "Blaze, you are with someone else also! Don't come back to Compton trying to control me," she semi-yelled.