Chapt. 26

| Chris |

There were few people I have contact with ever since getting suspended. Only Mijo, Keeis, and Antonio. Milan hasn't called or texted but I already know she's not down for that. All I really want is to make things right with her even if she hates me. She put her foot down though. When she said she was done with me I guess she really meant it.

But there was one person that has came around. It was my freshman year friend. We were cool but I started chilling with people she didn't approve of so we sort of went our seperate ways. She is the only girl that will ever know all my secrets. For real.

Lately, after school Tay would just come over and we'd talk about old times. She was supposed to be here a few minutes ago but she's late.

We weren't doing anything bad. Just enjoying each other's company and I wouldn't disrespect her relationship like that.

"What's up?" Tay came in, carrying her bag. "Nigga, where you been?" I asked, standing up from the sofa to give her a hug.

"My car was messing up when I got out of school so I had to go by that slow mechanics place," she said. "Oh, you should let me look at it."

"What you know about cars?" Tay sat on the sofa beside me. "Enough. just hit me up when you need a quick fix."

"I'll think about you. Anyways, how's it been going, Christopher?" She smiled, sitting her bag on the table. "Everything. I want to go back to school, man."

"Your fault. Chris, you could've been on your way to honor classes and a scholarship but you continue getting in trouble. What was your fight with this boy about?" "A girl," I chuckled.

Tay threw her hands up, laughing. "No, not a girl. You fighting over a girl? Wow. Did you get her?" "No, I never wanted her. At fir--" "Pause," she held up her hand, "why were you fighting over her if it was never that serious?"

"Well... It's a lot to explain," I replied, running my hand over my head. Tay gave me an uncertain look then sighed. "We have enough time."

"All right. Mijo, Keeis, Antonio, Anthony, and I went to the last football game and they bet me on getting a girl's number. Anyways, I got her number but they felt it was way too easy. Somehow I ended up agreeing to take her virginity in 2 weeks. She had never been into relationships like that so I basically had this. The bet ended up turning more serious than we thought it would. She's pregnant, Tae."

Tay shook her head. "Wow. That's a lot to take in, Chris," she said. I nodded in agreement.

We sat there in silence. She was probably still trying to let that sink in and I was just thinking about how I'm going to handle Milan being pregant.

"Have you told Joyce?" "No, I'm planning on it though. she won't be too disappointed," I said. Tay sighed.

"I didn't think you were that stupid."

Nobody asked for her opinion. All I wanted was to tell someone my side of the story without being judged. "I'm young," I shrugged.

"So? Being young is not an excuse to act a fool. How would you feel if your daughter came home saying some boy bet on her virginity? Chris out of all the stupid things to do you chose to knock some stupid ass girl up at the age of 18. What are you going to do now? You don't have any money, no job, and you're barely passing. You've really changed," she retorted.

"I really don't care what you have to say because you're not in my position therefore you have no idea how I feel. At the time I didn't think much of it but now I know that I needed to man up about the situation. I've tried talking to Milan but she thin--"