Chapt. 27

Birthday is tomorrow so I decided to update! (:

|Chris |

I unlocked then opened the door and she walked in, sipping on her drink.

It took a lot of work to get her over here and while I was waiting I thought of what I was going to say. To me, it sounded nice but she'll probably twist my words up.

"Um," Milan looked around, "Why are we here alone? I'm no--"

"Because it feels better if we talk alone," I said. She sighed, following me into the living room.

I plopped down on the sofa, turning the television off.

"Have one," I smiled, referring to a seat. Milan walked over to the opposite sofa and sat there with a mug plastered upon her face.

"Don't interrupt me. Just let me talk," I said, "I've been taking the time to clear my mind and it has been pretty nice being away from all that negative energy at school. I also know things aren't going as planned for you and I apologize. Blame me for all of this because I really fucked you up. Emotionally. Milan, the reason for me doing that bet was because I was being stupid and had my mind set on one thing. The bad thing is I never noticed how much I meant to you until now. You stuck with me through a lot. Basically, what I'm trying to say is that I love you and," I paused.

"And I want to there to see my daughter or son grow."

She nodded. "It would be wrong of me to just put you out of our child's life. I forgive you and I'm not sure about the love part but we can figure that out."

I was sure about the love part. Nothing was coming between us now. It really is time to step up to the plate. We did this together.

Milan sat beside me, sighing. "I've been going to my doctor appointments and things look right. I'm ready to be a parent," she mumbled.

"Me too, but I have a question. How are we going to get through this?" "We still have 6 months to figure that out. Do not stress yourself."

I leaned in and kissed her neck, jawline, and finally her lips. Milan gently pushed me back.

"I'll talk to you tomorrow, OK?" "All right. Bye."

Damn...

| Milan |

*1 week later*

Key plopped down on the couch beside me, stuffing her face with the potato chips.

"Antonio's coming over," she said. "And? Do you want me to leave or something?"

She gave me a look then smiled. "Are you and him doing it?" "No! We're just chillin'," she replied.

"OK, cool. I guess I can go to Chris's." "Wait, who? Are you talking to him again?"

"Yes, why?" "Wow," Key shook her head, "But go 'head and do you."

"I will," I arched my eyebrow then jogged up the steps. Whoa, next time I know to walk because I'm tired now.

Chris's voicemail came through the phone so I hung up. It rung before I could even walk out of the room and I hesitantly answered.

"Hello," I answered. "What's up?"

Anthony! Wow, I haven't heard or seen him in forever.

"Hey," I drug my letters on, "Where have you been, Anthony?"

"Home, chilling. What about you?" "School and home," I replied.

He chuckled. "What are you doing now?" "About to go over Chris's house. You?" I slung my bag on my shoulder while grabbing my phone charger and shoes.