Chapt. 11

| Milan |

I twisted my fork around in the lasagna, listening to everyone's conversation from the living room. I decided not to eat anywhere near Chris. His face was upsetting me. Period.

"Milan," Joyce walked in. I looked up, suprised. "Yes?" I smiled.

"You don't want to eat with everyone else?" "No, thank you." I replied.

"All right, do you want some more?"

I nodded, standing up. The lasagna was on point. I know for a fact that my mom didn't make it.

"You made this?" I asked Joyce. "Yes, you like it?" "A lot."

"I want some more, too." Chris walked up. Joyce smiled, taking our plates. "Here, and that's all, Chris." Joyce handed him his plate back, then mine. "Thank you."

He followed me into the living room, of course. I just ignored him, eating my food.

"You're not goin' to talk to me?" He nudged me. "You're annoying me."

"Ha! I was playin'," he said. Like I said before, I miss him but he couldn't know that. "You're always playing," I shook my head, sitting my plate on the coffee table.

"No, I'm n--" "You play too much," I added, cutting him off. "That is--"

"Bye," Joyce and Clinton called, walking into the living room. My mom came in behind them, smiling.

"It was nice having you three." "Bye, Mrs. J," Chris said, standing up. "Bye."

He smiled at me then walked out behind his parents. "Goodnight," Ma said, walking back into the kitchen. I turned the television off then made my way over to the stairs. I could hear them talking in whispers so I snuck over to listen.

"Did you see all those tattoos?" Ma asked. "Yes, it's ghetto."

It was not ghetto. It was art.

"I know, right?... I hope Jenelle doesn't make hanging with him a habit." "We need to keep those two far away from each other... She's acting really different." "You're right, I'll call the school tomorrow morning."

Who were they to say who I could talk to? They're judging him based off of his looks.

After that I really couldn't listen any longer so I walked up the steps to go to sleep.

...

"Who made you mad?" Blaze asked, walking beside me to the classroom. "Nobody, why? What's up?"

"You look mad..." He shrugged. "Well, I'm not," I replied, opening the door. Blaze smirked, walking behind me into the room.

Brendon and Blaze joked around while I followed the instructions written on the board. They'd copy off of me later on.

"Ay, Milan. What page are we on?" Blaze asked after a while. I held up the textbook, sighing. "A'ight, thank you."

"Read," the teacher pointed to him. "Out loud?" He asked, looking up.

She nodded, pressing her lips together. Blaze flipped throught the pages, then stopped at the page.

"Uh..." He placed his hand on his forehead, sighing. "Today, nigga," Brendon mumbled. I smiled behind my paper.

As soon as Blaze heard that, he threw the textbook across the room then stormed out.

Ms. Murphy followed, screaming at him to stop disrespecting her.

"Damn, he went crazy," Brendon laughed. I sort of felt bad for laughing. Maybe he felt pressured or something. Hopefully, it was a good reason because from the looks of it, he was getting ISS or OSS.