Chapter 12

I woke up screaming. I had another A dream. Of course I did. A has been really quiet lately and I know that bitch is going to make some sort of extravagant comeback.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. Then I realized it was today. It's been a year. It's been a year since I've ever seen their faces, their smiles. It's been 365 days since I have ever smiled the same way I did when I saw them, since I hugged them. I couldn't believe I survived a year without my adoption parents.

I don't remember much of the night they were killed, well I actually refuse to. I don't want that type of memory stuck in the back of my brain, haunting me. Though I do know that I didn't cry when I found out they were dead. I remember in the hospital when the doctors came up to me and my family members, telling me they didn't survive the crash. Everyone broke down but me. I just sat there and stared into space. People thought I had a huge load of anger raged inside of me. I was a ticking time bomb waiting to burst. Though I didn't, not in front of my family anyways.

I got home that night with my uncle. The death of my parents ruined him, and caused him to become an alcoholic. But me, I didn't cry until one week later. I sat alone in my dark room back in California. I saw a picture of them. I finally realized that they are gone forever and I won't see them again. I curled up in a ball and cried throughout the night. I was a bomb that finally bursted. All the anger escaped my body. I would trash my own room, and finish by going in the corner and cry. I thought I wouldn't be able to take it, until I came here to Rosewood. Rosewood got me to stop breaking down, and to forget that it ever happened.

That was back then, now I'm stronger. I got up from my bed and went to go get ready for school. After I brushed my teeth, showered, and got changed I went to my desk and packed my backpack.

I heard a knock on the door. I turned and saw Spencer.

"You know, it only took me an hour to get ready today. That's a record." I say.

She laughed. "I can't believe your awake and laughing. I thought I'd have to pull you out of bed."

"Well, I'm wide awake and fine."

"Don't go to school." Spencer says.

"Why?" I ask. "Spence, I don't want to sit here and mourn all day. I've done that plenty of times before."

There was a silence.

"Plus," I continued. "I need to drive you to school."

"No you don't." She said. I gave her a confused look.

"Aria is driving me to school, and mom and dad know your not going."

"What?!" I say. Then she quickly left. I let go of my backpack and sat on my bed for a while. What can I do? I refuse to cry about my adoption parents. I can't .

I head downstairs. No one was there. I went to the fridge to grab my breakfast, which was a pear. I bit into it and heard whispers. I went over and checked where it was coming from.

"Shut up Wren! She could hear us!" Melissa whispered.

"Well are we going or not?!" Wren yelled.

"Yea, let me just get the keys." Melissa said. I heard her walking towards the kitchen. I sprinted to the stairs and run up them. I peeks thought the side, and saw Melissa look for something in her bag. She took out keys and sighed in relief. Then she put them back in her bag, and took it with her out of the room. Once I heard the door slam shut I went back down to the kitchen. Those keys were her car, or house keys because she left them on the key rack.I was pacing and thinking. Where are they going?Why does she need those keys? I was stressing out. I felt like all the weight was on my shoulders and that I would fall any second now. I sat on the couch. I put my elbows on my knees and my head in my hands. I let out a rough sigh.