Chapter 17

Spencer's POV

Only 20 minutes ago, I went to go see Kendall at Radley only to find out that she actually has gone bonkers. Kendall actually believes she belongs at Radley. But she obviously doesn't. Radley is just getting to her and confusing her. And it is really just pissing me off. She is letting A win, and none of us want A to win this war.

Alison, Hanna, Emily, and Aria were with me at the Grill. At the moment, we were discussing Kendall...

'What are we going to do about Kendall?" Aria asked putting her hands to her forehead.

"I don't know. She is being weird." I say playing with my salad.

"Yea, from how you described how she looked and acted, its like she belongs in a mental insitution." Hanna says grabbing a mozarella stick.

"She is in a mental institution, Hanna." Emily said rolling her eyes.

"What if she is just playing an act? She can't be serious about this." Alison whispers.

"Alison! She isn't lying! And even if she is, then she would tell me." I snap.

"How do you know she would tell you? Kendall is pretty damn smart. If she told you, A could somehow find out, and then ruin it."

I sat there speechless. I had no comeback. I think Ali was actually right.

I got back to Toby's apartment. I got in and Toby closed his laptop quickly once he saw me.

"Toby?" I close the door. "What are you hiding from me?"

"Nothing." He said hugging me. We pull away from each other and I give him my "death stare". He is afraid of it, and will do anything so I would stop.

"Spencer, stop giving that stare."

"Then tell me. I thought we stopped lying to eachother a long time ago."

He turned to his computer and showed me what he was searching.

"You're researching the night of the accident? The car accident where my aunt and uncle died? The one where Kendall's adoption parents died?"

He nodded. "Yeah. I am looking at the files Kendall found in A's lair, and checking online for what evidence was found in the accident. I need to make sure this all matches up, and to make sure A isn't making all of this up."

Toby suddenly reminded me of myself when I was researching Ezra. "Tobes, you can't do this. This will add on stress. I promise you that." I kept thinking about how freaked out I was and how I was going crazy while finding out about Ezra. It made my relapse worse.

"No Spencer." He interrupted. "I need to do this."

I wasn't in the mood to fight with him now,

"Fine." I heavily sigh, and went to shower.

Much later that night, Toby and I were on his bed. Neither of us could sleep. I was between his legs and laid my head on his chest. I could hear his heart pumping fast.

"Tobes, what's wrong?" I whisper. Toby wrapped his arms around me.

"I see that A is getting stronger, and we are getting weaker. I'm afraid A will hurt you or the others. I mean look at Kendall. A caused her to get there. And, I just want to protect you. I want to make sure you are safe.

"Toby," I say turning towards him. "Don't stress on trying to protect me or anyone else. I think I will be okay. You should worry about yourself."

"No." He simply stated. " You are the most imortant person in my life. I haven't loved anyone more than I have loved you. And whoever you love, I love. Whoever your trying to protect, I will protect. So that means, I will help you with Kendall, and protect her no matter the odds. Same goes for you."

I smiled widley at that. I couldnt help it.

"Do you want to know why?' He continued.

"I have a feeling you already had said it."

"I did. But I'm going to say it again. Spencer Jill Hastings I love you so much. You have no idea how much I love you."

I just kept on smiling widley and laughed happily. I leaned in and kissed Toby's sweet lips.

"I love you too. So so much." That converstaion ended with both of us snuggled into eachother's arms and driftfully falling asleep.

The next morning I woke up in Toby's strong embrace. I felt his warm breath on my neck, giving me a tingling sensation down my spine. I turn around so I could face him and gently stroke his cheek with my thumb. His eyes fluttered open and he smiled at the sight of me. Right away, he kissed my lips.

We were making breakfast together. We decided to bake muffins, and it was very fun. We were throwing batter around and giggling. He hugged me from behind and went around in circles. He would once in a while kiss my neck and whisper "I love you" in my ear. I would laugh and say it back. That moment made me forget everything that was happening, until I heard my phone ring. My smile soon faded as I saw who called me.

"Hello? Mom?"

As my mother talked to me, I kept looking back and forth at Toby. I could feel my mouth drop open.

"Okay. Yeah. I understand. Okay, See you later." I say to my mother. Then I hang up.

"What was that about?' Toby asked while taking out the muffins from the oven.

"My mom just told me that Kendall came home this morning." I say confused.

"What how? I thought she was going nuts?" Toby said almost dropping the pan of muffins.

"She was, I guess." There was a sudden knock on the door. "Who's that?"

I go up to the door and see Kendall, looking good as new. Her hair was perfectly straight, her bruises and cuts were almost completely gone. Her makeup was on perfectly, and she was wearing a beautiful red-orange sun dress. She looked beautiful.

"Hey." She said in a shaky voice.

"Kendall? What are you doing here? I just talked to Mom. She said you were home-"

"I snuck out." She quickly answered. "I have a lot of explaing to do. To you, Toby and the others. But I need to tell you guys first. Can I come in?"

"Yea." I say.

Kendall's POV

I walked into Toby's apartment. I was nervous. Why was I nervous? I've been here a bunch of times. I've even slept over. And its Spencer and Toby for crying out loud! They are the two people I trust the most. Why am I so nervous??

"Spence, who was at the dooooor..... Kendall??" Toby asked turning around.

"Hey Tobes." I say. "How are you?"

"How am I? How are you is the real question."

"I'm great. And I have a lot of explaining to do." I look at Spencer. "But before I do, I want to say that I'm sorry,"

"Well you can start explaining."

"Okay, so..."

A/N: Yes, I ended there, The next chapter will be a flashback. Anyways aside from that, some girl copied a quote i made up for this story in her book without giving credit. Should I report her? I don't know what to do...

Kisses -E