Chapter 26

Toby and I rolled into the police station. It was calm and quiet yet busy, like I guess any average day at the station.

"Where is everyone?" Toby asked trying to get up from his wheel chair to look around.

"Are you telling me I beat the freaking police here?!" I yelled loudly. Everyone in the building heard me and stared at me. I blushed in embarrassment and waved shyly.

"Well you did pass a couple of red lights to get here..." Toby whispered.

"Toby we are at a police station. No one needs to know that so Shh." I spit out rather fast. All of a sudden I heard a load of cops talking into their walkie talkies in panic, and they were scattering around. Words I barely understood were being thrown around the room, but then I heard Spencer's voice.

"Kendall!" She yelled. I turned to her. Her face at the moment was the definition of fright. She was scared. Why? She has been arrested before...I bet she was scared then too. But she looks even more scared? Maybe cause she partly does actually have to do with Bethany Young? Melissa did it, though Spencer is the reason Melissa did it.

"Mom and Dad are on their way!" I yell after her, but was blocked by two huge cops. I walked back to Toby who looked pissed. I could see in the coffee shop how much he just wanted to prance up and save her when she got arrested. He wanted to be that hero or knight in shining armor for her, but he couldn't. Not like he could anyways...

"Spencer didn't do anything....it's all Melis-" but I stopped him.

"We don't know who did it, but definitely not Spencer." I give him a stare. Behind me, cops started to get out of the building in emergency. Where were they going? I don't know. Anyways, I went back to paying attention to Toby, who was babbling about something. Toby was still talking and I felt a tap on my right shoulder.

"Mike!" I say in relief while hugging him.

"Are you guys okay? What is going on?" He asked after we let go from the hug.

"Spencer got arrested for something she didn't even do. And I don't know what to do or how to or-" I started to flip out. I felt my back pocket vibrate.

"Kendall, calm down." Mike said rubbing the side of my arms.

"How?" I whisper. I move out of his grip and go outside to breath a bit. I went on my phone and saw a text notification.

It's all your fault. -A

My fault? My fault for what? It's my fault Spence got arrested? How? Why? What? I was hopelessly confused. I was about to go back into the station, but heard my ringtone. It was Aria.

"Hello?" I breath out.

"Kendall! Oh my god you answered." She panicked breathing in and out heavily.

"Aria?... What's going on? Is everything okay?"

"No! Everything isn't okay! Mona is dead! She was murdered!"

I dropped my phone in shock. Mona? She's...dead? To think that I saw her less than 24 hours ago. What? How can that be? Who killed her? Why? Did A? Was he A text about Mona and not Spencer? I picked up my phone realizing Aria was still on the line.

"Hello? Kendall???? Are you there? Hello??" I heard her babble.

I whsiper, "Did,...did A send you a text?"

"You got it too. It's all your fault?" She repeated the text.

"Yea that one." I say. "Meet me at my house in 15 minutes." I ended and hung up.