Chapter 6 - Kill The Party

Friday started out like any other day. The morning sun shone vividly through the cracks of the window blinds, the dorm room smelled faintly of Kazuki's cologne and the stuffy smell of clothes and carpet.

Kazuki always woke earlier than Blaise and left for the cafeteria long before Blaise woke up, so in the mornings, Blaise would walk alone to meet up with Kazuki for breakfast in the fancily clad dining room. They would sit with Kagami, Aiko, and Crow. Kagami would always be sipping blood out of a paper cup, but Blaise was oddly okay with it.

Through the past two days, things had fallen into a fragile, though comfortable system. At the breakfast table, Kazuki and Kagami would usually partake in a light conversation, getting to know each other, while Blaise, Aiko, and Crow, the more silent of the five, would sit, eating their own separate things and only talking occasionally. Without much thought, Blaise had chosen a giant plate of scrambled eggs and breakfast meatballs, which he honestly didn't think he could eat.

Later through the meal, Skyler arrived, looking tired despite sleeping a half hour more than the rest of the group. Unlike the others, Skyler didn't grab anything to eat, instead, he merely filled a cup with coffee and skim milk and sat at the table, talking quietly with Crow.

It wasn't uncommon for Skyler and Crow to greet each other, then when talking to each other, suddenly burst into a show of rage and power, then suddenly die down just as fast as it had escalated.

A day ago, when he had been sitting at the edge of the lake in a fruitless endeavor to try to catch a fish, Kagami had revealed to Blaise that Crow and Skyler were roommates. The idea shocked Blaise so much, he missed his chance at a fish. It didn't seem like Crow and Skyler could possibly be roommates; it'd be too disastrous.

As was the current moment. Blaise lifted his head up from his plate of fluffy scrambled eggs and breakfast meatballs to observe the commotion that Skyler and Crow were creating. It was absurd, but Blaise had learned not to bother them.

"I'll show you when I shove a pineapple down your throat!" Out of context, Skyler's thundering shout was a strange thing to hear.

"If you can get to me first," Crow smirked arrogantly, his eyes flashing. Heads were turning towards the two, and Blaise ducked his head in embarrassment.

"Do you want to test that?" the air around Skyler dipped in temperature, and his coffee froze over. Blaise was used to this tension between Skyler and Crow and knew that it all boiled to nothing, so he didn't step in.

"You wouldn't be as foolish as to stand against me, would you?" Suddenly the glint in Crow's eye became murderous.

"Of course not," Skyler's voice suddenly calmed down as he got back to his senses, as he usually did. Blaise did not know why Skyler had almost what seemed to be dual personalities, but he decided that Skyler could tell him on his own.

After he was sure everybody wasn't looking, Blaise asked Skyler and Crow, "What were you guys arguing about this time?"

"Pineapple on pizza," Crow said nonchalantly, "They clearly don't belong."

Blaise nearly faceplanted into his plate of food, and Skyler left to thaw out his coffee.

"Hey, do you want to go shopping for clothes this afternoon?" Kagami asked Blaise and Kazuki, breaking the tension, "It'll be fun."

Kazuki shrugged at Blaise, obviously leaving the decision up to him. It wasn't something Blaise liked to do, but he made the decision for both of them, opting in to go shopping.

It didn't turn out to be fun. They arrived at the mall by bus and spent the first hour in a shopping frenzy. Despite the fact that he didn't have much money, Blaise bought himself a new pair of clothes. A simple white collared shirt and khaki pants. They were cheap and appealing, and Blaise couldn't help but buy them.