Chapter 12: Don't Trust The Angels

"I stand in front of a pillar of light, with something or someone inside the blinding rays. I don't understand what it is since it is so bright. But I know that it is trying to tell me something because there are vibrations in the air. Not normal vibrations from talking, but vibrations from a language that is neither spoken nor heard. Simply, it is a language that could be understood.

And I don't understand it either. I don't want to be rude, so tentatively, I apologize, 'Umm... I don't understand you.'

The figure in the light said something back. Once again, I don't understand them, but I can tell by its tone that it was upset.

'Are you trying to tell me a message?' I asked, my voice cracking slightly. I had a sudden feeling I was talking to someone really important, who held power and prestige.

The voice responded, and this time, it sounded like it was urging me. But what was it urging me to do? Should I trust it? Do I have any other choice but to trust it?

But at that moment, I feel something tap at my consciousness. Then I remember. I was knocked out, by Ryo's hands. Is someone trying to wake me up?

The voice realizes this too, and responds with something that sounds like panic, before everything slowly starts to fade away."

Cessair Blaise Sands

"Blaise! Blaise! Wake up!" someone shouted, but the sound was dim and dull to Blaise's ears. He didn't want to wake up. He wanted to talk to the person in the pillar of light. "Ryo! What the fuck have you done?"

"I dunno!" someone said, "I just fought him! He really fucked up my shoulder, you know!"

"Well, wake him up if you are the one who hurt him!" the first person retaliated.

"Fine," the second person said. There was a thumping sound, then someone screamed into his ears, "Trevor! Trevor! Wake the fuck up!"

Suddenly, there was a sharp pain on his cheeks, and Blaise mumbled a protest. Did someone just slap him?

"Kazuki! He's awake!" Blaise finally recognized the voice as Ryo's.

Dimly, Blaise wondered why Ryo was talking with Kazuki. "My name is not Trevor..." Blaise objected weakly.

"Whatever, Trevor," Ryo replied, leaving.

With a lot of effort, Blaise opened his eyes. The auditorium was toast, the stage now a pile of rubble, the chairs now just wood chips and the lights were out. And yet, everything was peaceful, somehow. Skyler and Ryo sat next to each other on the rubbles, smoking cigarettes quietly. Kazuki was talking with Caesar, his brow furrowed. Seo and CJ were sharing a gigantic bag of potato chips. Crow was conversing with Aiko. And Roy was sound asleep on the remains of a dozen chairs. It seemed so weirdly peaceful.

"Need a hand?" Seo asked, extending his arm to help Blaise up. Blaise hadn't noticed Seo dropping the jumbo bag of potato chips to walk over, and he was confused on why Seo would help him, but nevertheless was grateful for Seo to help him to his feet.

"Why is nobody fighting?" Blaise asked as soon as he got to his feet.

"Because we want a cigarette break," Ryo replied, taking a puff of his cigarette. The air smelled rancid with the smoke.

"Because I need my beauty sleep," Roy mumbled, turning over and falling off of the remains of the chair. Blaise wasn't sure he was even awake, despite falling off of his makeshift bed.

"Because Seo is potatosexual and needs potato chips!" CJ offered excitedly, shoving two chips into his mouth and crunching loudly and rudely.

"We've declared a ceasefire," Kazuki explained quickly, then returning to his conversation with Caesar. The very brief and serious way he said it before he returned to the brow-furrowing conversation worried Blaise. What happened?