Extra - Spirits of Halloween

A.N:  This chapter takes place about a month after the events of Chapter 12. It's slightly NSFW, read at your own discretion. There is also a bit of boy on boy action, if you don't like it, I'd advise not reading. This chapter covers student life at the academy, dives into character personalities, as well as some backstory of one of my characters. It is recommended that this is read alongside the story, but you don't need to read the last part if you don't want to. 

-------------------------------

"It's the time that ghosts come out to haunt the earth. It's the time that monsters can roam freely. It's a dentist's worst nightmare. It's when the stocks for candy rises, and when the streets are dominated by makeup, plastic teeth, and fabric tails.

But how does Luxor Academy celebrate it, when monsters are all commonplace daily? I personally don't really care."

-Cessair Blaise Sands

The sun shined the lake blood red as Blaise sat on the grass, his hand on his fishing pole, a mug of barley tea next to him. The time of the year and the tides weren't optimal to catch fish, but Blaise simply just needed a place to calm down.

It was Halloween, classes were cut short, and the people who hadn't had the forethought to buy costumes or prepare decorations for their dorms to hastily go shopping. Blaise wasn't like them. First of all, he usually was prepared, but for this occasion, he originally planned to sit it out, like how he had done in previous years at home when his parents didn't care enough to buy him a costume. He didn't mind sitting out, as that was all that he could remember.

But Kagami insisted that he couldn't sit out of Halloween this time around. She claimed that Luxor Academy wasn't like where Blaise grew up and that he couldn't miss the once in a year opportunity.

So she dragged Blaise off into the busy mall next to the school, where it was filled with students going around, chatter like a woodpecker's endless chipping. It was claustrophobic, and Blaise had spent the entire time meekly looking through costumes while Kagami avidly looked through costume to costume, sizing up which one would look best with Blaise.

Finally, she managed to find one she deemed suitable. It wasn't a costume though; it was a cosplay outfit, of a shockingly handsome samurai character from a card game. Someone named Ookurikara from "Touken Ranbu." The outfit came with a sharp samurai sword, which was much lighter than the sword Blaise was used to wielding. He was afraid of chopping Kagami's head off with it, and also afraid to wear the outfit because he never had ever watched anime. How could he portray him?

As soon as the bus dropped Blaise and Kagami off back at Luxor Academy, Blaise excused himself, running still in his costume in an overwhelmed state to the lake to fish with a cup of barley tea next to him, where he was now.

"Hey! Blaise!" Kazuki's voice floated down from above the hill that the lake was situated by, "Where are you? Everyone is getting ready and dressing up for the festival!"

"I thought that I would sit this one out," Blaise said, turning around to face Kazuki. What he saw was a terrifying sight. Kazuki was in full demonic mode, his eyes and the veins around him midnight black. Blood covered his face, hair, the ragged strips clothes he still had, and the skin that showed beneath. "Kazuki! What did you do? Did you just murder someone?"

"Just my Halloween outfit," Kazuki reassured, sitting down next to Blaise, "Fishing again?"

"I needed to get away from the crowds of people buying costumes," Blaise said, taking a sip of the bitter, nutty, and creamy brew of barley tea, "It's just so suffocating."

"Somehow I can understand that," Kazuki said, gazing up toward the slowly darkening sky, "Despite never being shy a single moment of my life."

"That's because you're a demon! You need to be a good businessman and convince people to sell their soul!" Blaise joked.