Chapter 16 - Unlikely Pact

I was surrounded with the souls of the fallen, all watching down at Luxor Academy in worry. Death was not as I expected. I was thrown into hell as the angels condemned me for having sexual relations with a demon. And things there were much different than the Bible every spoke it to be. There wasn't really any torture, it just felt like that one time I visited Arizona in the summer.

Then I was promptly torn out of hell to join Caesar's Eternal Afterparty.

"'ello, lad!" Caesar spread his arm out to the spirit world, complete with wifi, dank memes, and barley tea. Apparently, he and his older brother decided that something was off with there only being heaven and hell, where the majority of people didn't fit in (which I actually didn't mind since Hell had a hell of a good sauna and spa), so they created their spirit world afterlife party.

But the idea of eternal partying was dulled with the war between the Dead City and Luxor Academy, projected from a gigantic pool of water.

"This is war is going to destroy the school!" Anabelle said in dismay as she looked down into the large viewing pool.

"Damn, the cafeteria is toast," I said, shaking my head, "No pun intended."

The entire academy was in ruins. Not only were the hallway, the cafeteria, the Monster Hunting classroom, and the auditorium (which Ryo still hadn't fixed) destroyed, but also most of the buildings.

"I wonder how Roy and Zac's fight went," Anabelle said, changing the view of the pool with the crowd loudly protesting in annoyance.

"Not too well," a familiar voice replied. Roy broke through the crowd, grinning sheepishly.

"Roy!" Caesar ran up to Roy, giving him a bear-trap hug. When he finally released Roy, Caesar reared his fist back and punched Roy in the chest.

"Hey, what was that about?" Roy asked, still with the silly grin.

"That was for dying!" Caesar said, what seemed to me to be tears forming around his eyes, "You know I'll miss you!"

"I will too," Roy commented, his smile not as bright, "Though if you punched me for dying, shouldn't you also punch Blaise?"

I didn't even see it coming. My barley tea was knocked out of my hands to shatter on the (nonexistent) ground when Caesar pegged me with his fist.

"Ouch!" I complained, glaring at Caesar, "Shouldn't you punch everyone here as well then?"

"Yep!" Caesar said, starting to approach the next person.

"Enough of that," Roy said, chuckling. He paused laughing to say to me, "CJ sends his regards."

"Tell him I said hi when you get back, Caesar. And tell Kazuki I love him," my voice caught a bit in my throat.

"Speaking of which, how is CJ and Luxor's fight going with Hundun?" I dipped my finger into the water, turning the video feed back to the intense fight, which was met with a shout of annoyance from Anabelle. It was obvious that CJ and Luxor were struggling immensely against the monster that was Hundun.

"I suppose we can only pray for their future," Roy said.

The sun said good morning, and Behemoth HQ was twice as crowded as it usually was. Seo had no idea where to bring everyone now that the power was out at Luxor Academy, so he ended up bringing them to Behemoth HQ, much to Ryo's disapproval.

That was until Seo convinced them to pledge their loyalty to Ryo. It would bring them together as one team as well as guaranteeing a place for them to stay and recover. Because of this, Ryo reluctantly agreed to let them stay.